title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

Administrator

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

Encoding based on genre is not possible.

If you set the naming as [origpath]\[origfilename]

It is not currently possible to copy other files.

Add the folder to the naming string, such as:

folder1\[origpath]\[origfilename]

For a long time I expected something that would do what TuneFUSION does. I already tested with this first beta and everything worked as expected. I believe that being a first BETA, is within the expectations some small difficulties of navigation etc, but that will be solved as new versions emerge.

Thank you very much for this excellent software and I look forward to the next versions.

After tinkering with it, I see that it has all the options I can want.

Just one question, why not allow this synchronization to be made from any drive to any drive? I would like to have a copy of my songs in AAC on my own HD songs, I do not understand why of necessarily being on an external drive.

Administrator

Next update includes choosing any folder as the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Next update includes choosing any folder as the destination.
    Perfect. Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

I've played with this very powerful, useful software a little, I will some more when I have a moment. Some first comments, some of which may be me, not the software:

When the source is FLAC files with multiple genres, it appears to only select on the genre that is lower in the alphabet, IE I have files that are genres Christmas; Steelband. I have Christmas unchecked, Steelband checked, files are not synced, no matter which order genres are in, ie: Steelband; Christmas or Christmas; Steelband. Similarly tagged m4a files are synced in both cases. I'd prefer if a file with multiple genres has one checked, that it be synced, for all filetypes.

It would be very useful to be able to say don't sync any file where length greater than some number you enter. Even better if I could make that length genre dependent, don't sync classical tracks longer than 5 minutes long...

It would be nice if you could enter a priority based system for syncing if the destination drive is smaller than is required for the sync, I suspect is often the case for portable devices. Right now it just appears to stop when space remaining is less than the number you selected. Doesn't even tell you in the log that it ran out of space. I'm not sure how it selects the order for syncing, justy like I've never figured out what order Windows copies files in when copying a directory. Right now it appears to be trial and error to see what will fit on the destination directory.

When indexing the source directories, it should either have a progress bar or at least say that it might take a while for large directories, some people might think the program has hung.

It would be neat if the program had some way of detecting duplicate directories (read that as duplicate albums/CD's, as opposed to duplicate tracks on otherwise different CD's) and selectively not syncing them. Actually playing with this disclosed to me the significant problem in my collection of duplicate albums, often with minor differences in the metadata. I just ran dedupe from PerfectTunes on the source directories, I've manually cleaned up the "A"'s and "B"'s, I've still got C through Z to clean up, about 60,000 tracks. Incidentally a wishlist item for dedupe would be the ability to just detect duplicate albums, IE all the tracks or at least most of them match another directory, in track order. Also a means of flagging directories with duplicate track numbers in them.

Don't get me wrong, this software is useful as is (at least once the genre issue is addressed). I'm looking forward to putting it to use to solve the issue of keeping the music on my phone up to date (to listen to mostly by bluetooth in my car.)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hey Spoon - nice product. I have installed and done some basic testing.

Do you plan to add .dsf .dff support also?

Hi-Res portable audio is becoming main stream now so I think this would be a good inclusion (and consistent with the existing illustrate product line).

Any idea about price (ballpark)?

Thanks!

In the link "http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/TuneFUSION-RemoteClient" is the extension ".exe" missing.

Administrator

Fixed.

Will TuneFUSION only sync files from the local Music Library "C:\Users\Username\Music"? My music library is stored on network drive.

Thanks
    Jay

Administrator

If you are not able to select the network location for your source library, browse to this folder with Windows File Explorer and right click on the share >> Map network drive.

Check the box to reconnect during startup, and you will be able to select this drive in TuneFUSION.

Will TuneFusion supporting syncing my library to a device that uses 2 SD cards for storage? I use the Fiio x5 Mark 3, but there are several other popular devices that use multiple cards, so this feature would be great. As far as I know, there isn't yet any Windows software that will support dual card syncing, so there is a real need for this feature.

Administrator

It would not, sorry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hm...this looks interesting, especially integrated with the knowledge of formats, lossy vs lossless etc.

I've actually been looking for something which can keep my music organised, BUT store lossy and lossless in separate folders. Such as

LOSSLESS: ..\Lossless\<Genre Group>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc *> - <Track *> - <Track Title>.<extension>
    LOSSY: ..\LOSSY\<Genre Group>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc *> - <Track *> - <Track Title>.<extension>

(where <Genre Group> allows me to define a list of "groups" of genres. for example, Group 1 contains, Pop, Dance, R&B; Group 2 Contains, Soundtrack, Rock etc. These groups are just random examples i used to try and illustrate what i'm after)

I know this may seem odd, but this would be my ideal, although the Genre groups thing is just a "nice to have". I deffinitely need Lossy vs Lossless though

Where the application runs in the background, monitoring a set of folders and sorts as soon as anything changes.

I know many media applications will sort your music, but i havent found anything which can identify lossy vs lossless, and use that as part of the folder structure.

Is this by anychance something that TuneFUSION can help with, or another future product?

This is soooooo close to being the solution to what I have been looking for, for what must be c10 years!

Firstly, I would make the observations that most people will be focusing on synchronisation to phones rather than other computers or USB so for the product to work this has to be slick. Second point is you are throwing away a lot of cool opportunities if this doesn't link back to Asset db, as for example you have to scan each time and losing the 'played data'. Might just be me but what I am looking for is the ability to sync items not played, sync most played and sync highest rated based on what I listen to at home. Would be cool to do this within the QNAP package but I have a windows client on the NAS so can install it there if needed.

Seems stable even when dealing with a relatively large library (c23k tracks) and have selected all the sync options but relatively limited selection (c250 tracks). I am using FLAC on the server and have a big external SD so not bothering any encoding. I have set to use the timer so it does the sync while I am asleep (and on charge) rather than on a more frequent basis. I have got syncing over wifi (olive tree webdav client installed on Samsung phone) working. Is the plan to develop or reuse someones webdav?

One slight thing I have seen is the rating is being shown as 5,6,7,8,9,10 so I don't think this can be being read correctly from file. A nice easy way to sync top rated tracks would be a good addition, does need to be overly complex same as "new albums" etc but takes 4 and above or 5

Looking forward to seeing how this develops! Good work!

Question Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

I started testing TuneFUSION since I read your last newsletter.
    This is quite exactly the program I was looking for to update the content of my music player.

After a few tests I have a question/request.

There is an option to import album cover, but the filename must be folder.jpg.
    My whole music library contains album art files named cover.jpg and every program I use (dBpoweramp CD ripper, foobar and others) are configured this way.
    Is it possible to add a feature to edit the name of the image to import ?

I also noticed something strange when I tried to copy lossy and losless files in separate folders.
    In the dynamic naming box, I placed the Encoder extension property as the root folder of my path. But this property seems to be empty for MP3 (lame) of FLAC files.

Thanks.