title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Mac Install. 2 user on 1 computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrK
    • Apr 2017

New Mac Install. 2 user on 1 computer

New install under admin login. Under secondary user with app enabled under parental control receive 'unable to open message/'

Is there a switch to throw to enable ? Or does second loginnuser look like a second computer? Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New Mac Install. 2 user on 1 computer

It is likely your 2nd user account does not have install rights.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DrK
      • Apr 2017

install rights - am I correct that these are the mac OS X install rights in the computer - the answer is the second user does not have install rights.

but

the second user is specifically granted permission to use the dBpower amp under the Mac's parental controls.

Are you implying that I must 'install' a second copy of dBpoweramp after changing privileges for that user to administer? I would be using a temporary privilege to administer for the second user. and then disable that users administration privileges? None of the other 'apps' seem to need that many steps - my granting of program or app privileges works and then all then do is just click and go, albeit with a different user id.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can try setting to Administrator, CD ripper it accesses the CD drive at a low level, so would need more usage rights than a word processor, etc.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>