title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Just got the Software - CD/DVD Drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • centuryx476
    • Apr 2017

Just got the Software - CD/DVD Drive

Hello,
    I just bought this amazing piece of software.
    I would like to know what Drive you all recommend that can meet all the requirements for proper secure ripping ?
    I have a massive CD Collection and I want to make sure they are all secured ripped so I want to buy a CD/DVD drive that can do this.

I see that there is a list of CD/DVD drive accuracy thread but I believe that is not for secure ripping.

Thank You
  • blackcherry
    • Feb 2017

Re: Just got the Software - CD/DVD Drive

Originally posted by centuryx476
    Hello,
    I just bought this amazing piece of software.
    I would like to know what Drive you all recommend that can meet all the requirements for proper secure ripping ?
    I have a massive CD Collection and I want to make sure they are all secured ripped so I want to buy a CD/DVD drive that can do this.

I see that there is a list of CD/DVD drive accuracy thread but I believe that is not for secure ripping.

Thank You
    Most modern drives should do. You should preferably find one that supports C2 pointers to speed up secure ripping. The program works with any CD drive.

Comment

• centuryx476
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by blackcherry
      Most modern drives should do. You should preferably find one that supports C2 pointers to speed up secure ripping. The program works with any CD drive.
      How does one know if they support C2 Pointers ?
      That type of information they do not put in the specs of the drive like on amazon, newegg etc.

Comment

• blackcherry
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by centuryx476
        How does one know if they support C2 Pointers ?
        That type of information they do not put in the specs of the drive like on amazon, newegg etc.
        You have to rely on reviews to find that information. I know the current Apple USB Superdrive snd
        Pioneer's BDR-XD05S support C2 pointers in my experience. Many of the top performance drives listed in the accuracy thread are not made anymore, except for one.

Comment

Working...

]]>