title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error when ripping -

Angry Error when ripping -

Hello,

Could anyone please offer some help troubleshooting errors while ripping CDs on the newest release of dbPowerAmp CD Ripper R16?

I'm ripping on two mac laptops side by side:

1st) Macbook Pro 2016 (10.12.4) using dbPowerAmp CD Ripper R16 and
    2nd) Macbook Pro 2013 (10.11.6) using dbPowerAmp CD Ripper R15.8 (1)

Drive in both cases: Pioneer BDR-XD05S

The 2nd macbook (older) works as desired and seems to be ripping without errors. I copied all of these settings when setting up the new install on the newer 2016 macbook, however I'm getting errors on every track:

Information converting to m4a FDK (AAC), 'Track 1' to '/Users/*****/Music/RIP Output/J.R.R. Tolkien/The Return of the King/2-01 Minas Tirith (Part 21).m4a'
    Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 11840 (2:37) in 0:02. Filename: /Users/*****/Music/RIP Output/J.R.R. Tolkien/The Return of the King/2-01 Minas Tirith (Part 21)._
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 1 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 11840)
    Information converting to m4a FDK (AAC), 'Track 2' to '/Users/*****/Music/RIP Output/J.R.R. Tolkien/The Return of the King/2-02 Minas Tirith (Part 22).m4a'
    Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 11840 to 27996 (3:35) in 0:00. Filename: /Users/*****/Music/RIP Output/J.R.R. Tolkien/The Return of the King/2-02 Minas Tirith (Part 22)._
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 11841 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 27996)

..... This continues for the entire CD.

I've tried playing with the C-2 error detection, restoring defaults to accepted characters, etc and no luck. Please and thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited by quicksilver1083; 04-14-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Readability.

Super Moderator

Re: Error when ripping -

I'm sorry but I have no idea why this is failing.

You could try copying your old dBpoweramp application (the .app bundle) over to the new mac to see if it's hardware or software that makes the difference - R15 and R16 can be safely installed side by side on one mac.