title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip stalls as soon as starts - drive doesn't spin up

Rip stalls as soon as starts - drive doesn't spin up

Hi

Been happily using Reference 15.3 to rip in Win7 SP1. However now when I use CD Ripper, the disc is recognized and meta data pulled from the internet, but when I start the actual rip the timer counts up but no progress is made and the drive does not spin up (irrespective of which of the 2 optical drives I use). Cancelling the rip indicates it is cancelling but never completes the cancellation and the CDGrab executable cannot be stopped in the Task Manager. The OS does not crash but I am forced to reboot the computer to end the executable process. Windows explorer will still identify the drive and presence of an audio disc throughout. I have also tried ripping using Mediamonkey and can still do so. Other troubleshooting has been limited to a system rollback, standard uninstall/reinstalling dbpoweramp (but not the codecs etc), running ccleaner. At this point (with my limited IT knowledge) my next troubleshooting option is a drive wipe and entire system reinstall which I'd very much like to avoid. Any help would be most appreciated! Apologies if I've missed a similar post with resolution.

Thanks!

JT

dBpoweramp 64-bit: Registered Reference
    Release 15.3
    DSP Effects: Release 11

PerfectTUNES: manage your audio collection, with a helping hand

Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server

Administrator

Re: Rip stalls as soon as starts - drive doesn't spin up

Try this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

However to me this seems like a system lockup at a low level, perhaps hardware related, even a reinstall of Windows might not help.