title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tracks playing the wrong tracks after being ripped

Tracks playing the wrong tracks after being ripped

I just started using the dbpoweramp 21 day trial and started ripping some of my hits CD's and after they are ripped, I put them into a folder like classic rock and then name each track. But when I go back to play them about 80% work fine and 20% play different tracks. So even though I click on a specific track, if it was track * 7 on the first and second hits CD's, sometimes it will play track number 7 from the first disc and sometimes track number 7 from the second disc. If that makes sense. So how do I fix this or is this a bug in the software. I'm using windows 10.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tracks playing the wrong tracks after being ripped

Quote Originally Posted by bdemke View Post
    But when I go back to play them about 80% work fine and 20% play different tracks. So even though I click on a specific track, if it was track * 7 on the first and second hits CD's, sometimes it will play track number 7 from the first disc and sometimes track number 7 from the second disc.
    You haven't said how you are playing the tracks. Please can you specify your playback setup/system?

I was just checking them on my computer groove music program to make sure they came out.

Administrator

Why would you name them after putting in the folder? CD Ripper should get the track names and name the files.

dBpoweramp Guru

I was just checking them on my computer groove music program to make sure they came out.
    So, renaming the files screws up the Groove Music player. That is not a CDRipper issue. Also, this is not a Microsoft forum, so I doubt you'll get any help with Groove Music here.

You should be aiming to get the filenames written correctly when ripping the CD, without the need to rename files after ripping. Check that your naming string in CDRipper is set to give you the pathname/filename you desire. Take a look at the Path and Naming section here: dBpoweramp CD Ripper
    Last edited by mville; 04-12-2017 at 07:19 AM. Reason: added link to Path and Naming

The problem is when I rip my various artist hits CD's, after ripping is done they are only named unknown artist track 1, 2, 3 and so on. So each time I rip another hits CD with 18-19 tracks, now there are 3 different track *7's and if I test the track, each time I click on track *7 I get one of 3 tracks. There must be a way to do this with homemade hits CD's.

With a regular CD, I have no issues because all the data and track info is there and correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

The problem is when I rip my various artist hits CD's, after ripping is done they are only named unknown artist track 1, 2, 3 and so on. So each time I rip another hits CD with 18-19 tracks, now there are 3 different track *7's and if I test the track, each time I click on track *7 I get one of 3 tracks. There must be a way to do this with homemade hits CD's.

With a regular CD, I have no issues because all the data and track info is there and correct.
    Have you edited the naming string? I think the default handles compilation CDs.