title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch processing files with Replay Gain

Batch processing files with Replay Gain

Hello,

I want to insert the RG- und iTunNORM-tags into my audio files on the Mac. They are in the iTunes music folder. When I start the Batch Converter I get asked to what format the files shall converted. But I just want dbpa to write the RG-tags into the file and no conversion of the audio file itself. What`s the trick? Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Batch processing files with Replay Gain

See:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/dMCConfig.htm

You can enable the utility codecs, then convert to [ReplayGain] in the encoder menu.

Unhappy Re: Batch processing files with Replay Gain

Thanks for the answer. Can you confirm that the RG-codec isn't available for Macs?
    Last edited by Hub11; 04-11-2017 at 06:17 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hub11 View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Can you confirm that the RG-codec isn't available for Macs?
    Did you enable the utility codecs, as advised by Spoon earlier?

Yes, I didn`t realize that the RG-codec is integrated and does not need to be loaded from "code central". But: will this process be without a loss of quality (on a Mac)? Means: Will it just tag the file or will it touch the audio? I`ve read another forum article that this will be a conversion process so that the file gets encoded/decoded - in opposition what the utility codecs do on Windows PCs.

the replaygain (apply) dsp effect changes the audio data. it's not to be confused with the replaygain utility codec which just tags the rg info