title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Embedded Artwork is lost after copying files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmahoney60
    • Apr 2017

Embedded Artwork is lost after copying files

I have used batch converter to embed Folder. JPG artwork into my FLAC files, it worked perfectly and artwork is displayed when music is played from my Synology NAS to my Cambridge Audio 851N player.

When I copy my library from the NAS to a separate USB drive I find that the original files on the NAS lose the embedded artwork. I then have to use batch converter to re embed the artwork.

This has happened twice so I really would appreciate advice.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Embedded Artwork is lost after copying files

For a file which has lost the artwork (on USB drive), right click on one file >> Edit ID Tags

does it show the artwork at the bottom of the tag list?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mmahoney60
      • Apr 2017

It is the original files on the NAS that lose the artwork.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

To confirm, after embedding the artwork, if you right-click a flac file on the Synology NAS and select Edit ID-Tag, the artwork IS showing in the Album Art section at the bottom of the Edit ID-Tag window.

Then, if you copy that same flac file to a USB drive, then again, if you right-click and select Edit ID-Tag on the flac file on the Synology NAS, now, the artwork IS NOT showing in the Album Art section at the bottom of the Edit ID-Tag window?

If this is so, it is very strange indeed as a file copy does not normally edit the original source file.

What dBpoweramp Music Converter version/platform are you using?

What application are you using to copy the files?
        Last edited by mville; 04-11-2017, 10:52 AM. Reason: clarity, confirmation and more questions

Comment

• mmahoney60
          • Apr 2017

Thank you for your responses and questions.

The original and copied file both show the artwork when viewed through Edit ID Tag.

I am using version 16.1 dbpoweramp and embedding with Batch Converter running on a desktop with Windows 10.

I have re performed copying one flac file with embedded artwork from my synology NAS using, Synology File Station, to a USB. I have had the same results when using Windows Explorer and Synologys USB Copy.

After copying, the original file on the NAS no longer displays artwork when played on my CA 851N and the following has occurred:
          Another, small, file has been created in the USB together with the copied file, please see attached capture Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	293322

The original and copied file both show the artwork when viewed through Edit ID Tag.

Your help is appreciated.
          Last edited by mmahoney60; 04-11-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

If the artwork is showing in Edit ID-Tag before and after copying, then the embedded artwork is NOT lost when copying files.

What I think you are saying is the Cambridge CA 851N no longer displays artwork when playing files on the Synology NAS after copying, yes or no?

Also, how are you serving/playing the files e.g. do you stream audio from the NAS to the Cambridge CA 851N?

Comment

• mmahoney60
              • Apr 2017

"What I think you are saying is the Cambridge CA 851N no longer displays artwork when playing files on the Synology NAS after copying, yes or no?" YES

I stream over wi fi from the NAS to the CA851N.

btw, any ideas on what the new small file shown in my Capture above is and whether it is relevant?

Thanks.
              Last edited by mmahoney60; 04-12-2017, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mmahoney60
                I stream over wi fi from the NAS to the CA851N.
                How? What server/software are you using?

btw, any ideas on what the new small file shown in my Capture above is and whether it is relevant?
                No, I haven't got a clue.

Comment

• mmahoney60
                  • Apr 2017

Sorry, please excuse my lack of technical ability.
                  I am using the DLNA Synology Media Server.

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

Sorry, please excuse my lack of technical ability.
                    No problem.

I am using the DLNA Synology Media Server.
                    As I stated earlier, if the artwork is showing in Edit ID-Tag then the artwork is still embedded in the flac files. So, this looks to me like there is an issue with either the Synology Media Server serving the embedded artwork and/or Cambridge CA 851N displaying the artwork.

I am not a user of either the Synology Media Server or the Cambridge CA 851N, so I am unable to help you. Maybe some Synology users can chime in here to help. Have you tried the Synology forums?

Comment

Working...

]]>