title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripping

Batch Ripping

Good Day Folks,

I am hoping that I can gain some understanding on how set up dbpoweramp to rip with a proper Batch Ripper.

The ripstation we have obtained is an MF Digital 7604 and it's mighty entertaining to watch it work using its own software, Ripstation 4.4. However, our preferred choice of software is dbpoweramp and we would prefer to benefit from the features it offers as a library organiser. I have researched this topic and found some information which backs up the possibility of this being achieved. Unfortunately we are simple hi-fi fans and the methods it seems to take to get the arm working with dbpoweramp have seemed overwhelmingly complicated. I have prepared myself and am ready to patiently learn the best method for optimising this setup.

Any information that the community can provide is massively appreciated.

-JWcrit

Administrator

Re: Batch Ripping

Dear Spoon,

Thank you for your response, the Batch Ripper Universal CLI Usage Guide is a bit beyond my technical understanding. Please could we have this broken down into simple steps?

Administrator

It is just a matter of installing the universal driver and pasting the mentioned lines into it (for load, and unload). Changing the com port as required.

Dear Spoon,

Okay, I have studied the material and have tried to invisage a sequence of instructions but cannot figure it out...
    I have obtained the Universal Driver and have executed it on the ripstation. It has spat out a commg.dll file. I don't know what to do with this. I see the 'example do not change.txt' file and have studied the examples. Nowhere in this file does it say how or where to paste the lines of code. I have found the Batch Ripper folder and can see options for a few different type of ripstation. Please confirm that the one i am supposed to be messing around with is the 'MF Digital Baxter' and not the Minicubis as Minicubis is the one that the Batch Ripper application seems to default to. It seems this cannot be changed from the Batch ripper application either. Forgive me if these questions seem trivial to you.

Administrator

We have updated the instructions:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...tal-Ripstation