title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Download attempts for Reference R16.2 result in "corrupted file"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • butterfly76
    • Apr 2017

Download attempts for Reference R16.2 result in "corrupted file"

Hello, I bought the Family Pack and succeeded in downloading PerfectTUNES on 5 computers. Reference R16.2 downloads succeeded for the first 4 computers. However, for the 5th computer I get nothing but corrupted files after several downloads of the installer. I also copied the install file from one of the computers with a successful installation, but when I tried to install that copy on computer *5, I got the "corrupted file" message again. How do I get around this? I am running Windows 10.

Thank you for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Download attempts for Reference R16.2 result in "corrupted file"

It is your security software which is blocking the install from running.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioGirl
      • Oct 2017

Hello,

I am registered for the family pack and have dbpoweramp running on 2 computers. I just acquired a third computer and tried to install R16.2 on it after having gone through the registration retrieval process. I get the error message: Cannot install 'dMC-Ref-Registered-64bit_SP1_WIN64.exe'.disk. If I try to run it as an administrator, I get this error message: This installation is corrupted, please obtain a new copy. I have checked my security software but as dbpoweramp has never been installed on this computer there is nothing to block and consequently nothing to allow through the security system.

Can you provide guidance on what to do next please? Thanks.

Comment

• Jailhouse
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2016

Try turning off your security software, then installing dBpoweramp. The program does not need to have been previously installed to trigger a false positive.

Comment

• AudioGirl
          • Oct 2017

All security software is off. Error still occurs, gets to the installer window, when install is clicked error appears. I have noticed that it creates a dBpoweramp folder in the destination folder but its empty. I have downloaded the app several times, same thing.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try holding the right shift key as instructed here:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioGirl
              • Oct 2017

After approx. 25 to 30 tries it worked, thanks.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Hi Audio Girl,

I had similar issues with MalwareBytes s/w when I first purchased it.

I uninstalled it and then re-installed Illustrate. Then ran Illustrate; and then I re-installed MalwareBytes again. Has worked fine since then.

Paul

Comment

Working...

]]>