title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 00 mb Audio CD will not Burn

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

00 mb Audio CD will not Burn

I have never had any problems with the CD Writer and Music Converter. I was trying to place 295 mb of FLAC lossless files on a new, high quality audio disc. First I kept receiving notes that the music converter could not be found. Then I received notes to insert a CD in the CD_ROM when I had just done this. Please know that my files are good and in the proper form and the CD-ROM is good and working with other disc burning software. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Tom Swaman

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 00 mb Audio CD will not Burn

Hey Tom,

first of all: CD Writer is discontinued for years.

Are you trying to burn an Audio CD (red book)? In that case you will have no luck in trying to write flac files. You have to write wave files.

All other CD formats, which can handle flac files, are not Audio CDs (red book). For those tasks you can find a lot alternative programs for free.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Dear Dat Ei,

No, I have not forgotten you. I simply bought a new, custom built computer and have run into the usual problems with today's new and wonderful technology and no information provided.

To answer your question, a Maxell audio CD with a good, i.e. working FLAC audio folder containing 19 files. I do not know your term "red book". I also erred when typing the original post title as this should have been 700mb.....

Thank you ever so much for helping me.

With appreciation,

Tom Swaman

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
    I do not know your term "red book".
    "red book" is just the name for the standards used in creating a normal CD that will play in any CD player (as opposed to DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc. that are NOT red book CDs).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compac..._Digital_Audio

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you as always, Gary.

Best regards,

Tom Swaman