title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Show Disc Number in File Explorer

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Show Disc Number in File Explorer

I recently installed the JRiver Media Center on the Id. For some reason, when my music library (stored on a NAS) was ingested, the Disc numbers didn't make it and now my multi-disc albums are not in proper ordermusic (all track ones cluseterd together, then all track twos, etc.). My understanding is the dBp tag editor applies the Disc number to part of a set in File Explorer. Is there a way for me to (easily) convert Disc number in the tag editor to Disc number in File Explorer?

File Explorer.jpg
    JRiver Id.gif
    dBp Tag Editor.gif

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Show Disc Number in File Explorer

The disc number (as shown in the dBp Tag Editor.gif: 1/9) is correct. It does not exist anywhere else, only displayed either in the File Explorer or the JRiver Media Center software.

It seems from the JRiver Id.gif, that the tracks are only being listed by track number, hence all the track 1's appear together. To display the tracks by disc/track in JRiver is a question for the JRiver forums, or am I not understanding the issue here?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have a post over at JRiver at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...;topicseen*new.

What I'm trying to do is to use a tag editor to convert the data in "Part of a Set" i.e., 1/9 in File Editor.jpg to 1 or 1 of 9 in the "Disc" column which is presently blank. I think if I can do that, then that will auto populate the "Disc *" column in JRiver Id.gif that will allow my multi-disk albums to sort properly.

dBpoweramp Guru

First, you assume that because the file explorer Disc column is blank, that there is a problem with the disc number tag used by dBpoweramp. My flac files have the disc tag populated as per your dBp Tag Editor.gif and I have no problems in the software I use and also, I don't see anything in the file explorer Disc column.

I don't use JRiver, but I guess you need to either configure something in the JRiver software to pick up the dBpoweramp disc number tag or as you suggest, you can use tag editing software (e.g. mp3tag) to copy the dBpoweramp disc number tag to the disc number tag used by JRiver. Hopefully, a JRiver user can step in here and advise you further.