title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: problem while ripping

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

problem while ripping

I have problems while ripping, dbPoweramp frequently jams even when there is only one in use

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: problem while ripping

Damaged CD? Any other software that tries to control the CD drive? What security software is running?

Dat Ei

Administrator

What is jamming? the mouse stops? or CD Ripper freezes at a certain point? does the CD drive disappear from Windows Explorer?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No damaged cd's, dbpoweramp stops and is not responding , i even had to restart the computer to get it fixed. I must say every time I start a cd to rip there is another program that start to play the cd (vlc mediaplayer or something)
    The security program i use won't be the problem , I use it since many years end had never an issue with it

Administrator

You should not have any other programs accessing the drive when dBpoweramp is, close the other program.

dBpoweramp Guru

Turn off Autoplay for CDs. In Windows 10, open Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound. Click the "Play CDs or other media automatically" link on the far right in the AutoPlay section. In the following page under CDs, choose "Take no action" for Audio CD and Enhanced Audio CD. If you want to play a CD in VLC, insert the disk and open it from within the program.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have deleted vlc mediaplayer from my computer. When I open dbpoweramp twice to rip with two drives it still crashes

Administrator

You would have to try a 2nd program, such as Exact Audio Copy, to test weather it is the drive (and system, which affects all programs), or just dBpoweramp.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just managed to do about ten cd's, I was hopefull, I thought problem solved and shit again stopped. It's like the system is counting when to abbort.