title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Serious problems in using R6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ruudj
    • Apr 2015

Serious problems in using R6

Hi, I've a lot of problems installing R6 on my windows computer:

First time installing, I got the message that it was a trial version, after a second installation I got the Premium Registered version (I'm a Premium Registered user). Not a big issue.

Tried to edit the Browse Tree, because I want the index 'Playlists'. This index is visible in the original Browse Tree, but I don't see the item in my (MiND) controller app. After that, I tried to add the item as a new container (why is it listed 2 times?) in the selection list at the bottom. Both choices don't work within my MiND control app!

Then I tried to change the background color of the icons. I tried to do this several times and now I've a changed color from I-Z, A-H is still black and I cannot change it anymore in another color. Even not in black.

I've also tried to work with a renamed Asset Instance and a additional Asset Instance, but that was really frustrating. I tried a lot of things, which are difficult to review again, but I came to a point that there was a difference between the visible instances in the Asset UPnP Configuration app and the Mind control app (iPad). It seems to be that the MiND control app shows all the instances, even if they don't exist anymore (deleted) in the Asset config app. The system became instable. Somethimes I didn't came back anymore from the Edit Advanced Settings in the start view from the Asset UPnP Configuration app. Also getting a fresh new installation wasn't easy. Only after removing uMediaLibrary (users/name/appdata/roaming/dbpoweramp) give an oppertunity for a new installation. All other reinstalling efforts didn't made the deleted Asset Instances disappear in MiND controller app.

I've used the 4 and 5th versions for several years without any problems and I'm happy to have R5.1 on my RPI working and running. So I don't know what is happening now. I read already about some problems with making more Asset Instances in another threat, they are very recognisable for my situation.

Hopefully you can help?
  • alk630
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2014

Re: Serious problems in using R6

+1 with same issue as above on first installation 'First time installing, I got the message that it was a trial version, after a second installation I got the Premium Registered version (I'm a Premium Registered user). Not a big issue.'

Edit 1:
    There also appears to be a problem after rescanning the library <Detecting Changes>. Occasionally afterwards, although not every time, the number of new albums only displays the last 12 or so albums added, rather than the last 100. The Dynamic Playlist Item Count has always been set at 100.

Edit 2:
    After adding a new album with the wrong folder.jpg to my collection, I updated to the correct folder.jpg and triggered. The correct album art appears in the root <New albums>, but the old album art appears in <Additional> -> <New Albums>.
    Last edited by alk630; 04-01-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

To replace art you would have to do a Refresh All.

>Tried to edit the Browse Tree, because I want the index 'Playlists'.

R6 only displays playlists if you have added a playlist storage location. For Items such as [New Tracks], browse into 'Additional'

> I've a changed color from I-Z, A-H is still black and I cannot change it anymore in another color. Even not in black.

Perhaps your UPNP controller is caching the icons, try removing the app from your ipad (etc) then reinstalling it.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
        To replace art you would have to do a Refresh All.
        That as may be, but triggering just a Rescan Library <Detecting Changes> obviously still affects Asset differently as described above... should all behaviour not be the same?

Comment

Working...

]]>