title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can you make "Thumbnail and Property Handler" support ID3v2 version 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dansync
    • Mar 2017

Can you make "Thumbnail and Property Handler" support ID3v2 version 2.4?

It seems that setting this option does not work for MP3 ID3v2 version 2.4 with encoding Unicode-UTF8. Can you please implement this?

Current:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	297152

Thank you very much for this software. I'm still new to it, but liking it a lot. Probably will register my trial this weekend.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can you make "Thumbnail and Property Handler" support ID3v2 version 2.4?

See:

Windows 10 comes with the ability to read ID Tags for a bunch of standard codecs such as: mp3, wave, flac, m4a, opus, ogg The issue can be, that Microsoft do not support the full range of ID Tags that dBpoweramp does, such as Wave ID3 chunk, or the full subset of id3v2.4 tags. Even worse for opus and ogg Microsoft do not read

I am certain we support reading 2.4 tags, to quickly test right click on one of the files >> Edit ID Tags, if it shows the tag, then dBpoweramp can read.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dansync
      • Mar 2017

Re: Can you make "Thumbnail and Property Handler" support ID3v2 version 2.4?

It worked! Followed the link and the steps described in there. Thanks a lot!

It does slow down the Windows Explorer a little bit although "Inprocess Tag Reading" is turned on, which should speed it up if I understand correctly from the documentation.

EDIT: Found out that when you turn off "Details Pane" of the Windows Explorer speed is improved by a lot.
      Last edited by Dansync; 03-30-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>