title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album unspecified??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigcam
    • Mar 2017

Album unspecified??

when i go to my folder with music and setup the (arrange by) to album all CDs ripped from the old version 14.4 show up as the correct albums but every CD ripped with 16.2 get dumped into a album called (unspecified). When you click the unspecified album it shows every song ripped by 16.2 in a very random order. How do i fix this?

Using windows 7 if that matters.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Album unspecified??

I would recomment to check the naming first.

Dat Ei

Comment

• bigcam
      • Mar 2017

I have the naming set the same as the 14.4 version. Even default naming in version 16.2 makes them unspecified albums. Happens on mine and my fathers computer. we paid for the family pack.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which format are you ripping to? what is the player?

If you check one of the tracks (right click >> edit id tags) does it show the correct album name?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigcam
          • Mar 2017

I should of said that im going to WAV format. Yes checking ID tags both versions show the same and is the correct info for the file. Now i did notice something when hovering over a song file i get a details window to come up with all is the same but 1 thing. Under "contains" 16.2 shows Album art ID Tags[List&ID3] but 14.4 shows in the same place ID Tags[Lists&ID3]. I did find a way to remove the "album art" from the 16.2 version but that did not help.

Im not using a player here. Just viewing the files in my music on my computer.

Comment

• bigcam
            • Mar 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170326_195213621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	293312 In this photo you can see several albums. Them was all done with version 14.4. All the way at the right side you see the album named "unspecified" witch contains all songs ripped by 16.2. No order to them at all. When you click on it it is all songs in random order that was ripped by 16.2 version.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You can post a screen shot of when click on album please showing the tracks.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigcam
                • Mar 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170327_164200136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	293318 Here you go. There is a total of 187 songs in there but im sure you get the idea of whats happening in that photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If you can upload 1 track from 14.4 to dropbox and one of your tracks from 16.2 and personal message me the links please.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigcam
                    • Mar 2017

Had to make me a drop box account and got them sent to your private messages. Hope i did it all correct.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

I have tested these files on:

Windows 10
                      Windows 2011 Home Server
                      Windows 7

The library section reads all the artist and album names for both files. So the issue is not with the files (they check out in all programs and OS I try), rather something on your system is blocking Windows from reading tags. Perhaps security software.
                      Last edited by Spoon; 03-29-2017, 09:11 AM.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigcam
                        • Mar 2017

Yea what little i know i couldn't find any difference. Why would 1 version be blocked and the other not? Any ideas how to fix it? The only security i have running other then what windows provides is the paid version of avast. It has been on my computer for years and my fathers computer as well. Mine and dads computers are custom built by me. So no HP or dell type software on them. Any help narrowing this down would greatly be appreciated!

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Perhaps previously read tracks are cached somewhere, and avast is blocking the reading of all new wav files? To test this, take a r14 file, copy it and paste to the same location and it will offer to create an additional file with (1) in the name, then see if the tags are read for this file.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigcam
                            • Mar 2017

Ok i did just what you said but instead of (1) it put (copy). Sure enough that file got put under that "unspecified" album. I went a step more and ripped a disk with r14 i had not ripped before and once again it put all them files under that "unspecified" album. Also the cover art is not correct. it is showing art for a totally different artist. Seems to me something changed that just happen to be between the times i went from r14 to r16. I can't think of anything tho. Now i know avast had updated awhile back but i was still ripping with r14 at that time. Dad stated he still has not updated his avast yet.

Not sure if it makes any difference at all but i did notice opening windows media player it is totally messed up as well. I still have a bunch of MP3s on this machine i am working on removing as i replace them with WAV files. Long before i started this ripping to WAV thing i had all MP3 files sorted out and with there correct album art within windows media player. Now many files don't have album art at all even the MP3s that use to have the correct art some WAV files do and some don't and there is a long list of them set at the bottom that is under "unknown artist" This list consist of many different wav files from different artists and even some MP3s that use to be correctly sorted.

Comment

Working...

]]>