title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: If Batchripper could not find some of my album art, what can perfect tunes do?

If Batchripper could not find some of my album art, what can perfect tunes do?

Basically if Batchripper did what it could, betting 90% of my art - will perfect tunes have additional art access that Batchripper/cd ripper can't? I suppose the answer is no. If answer is no, what other app out there paid or not is there that could find the missing art that batch ripper could not.

Also i see perfect tunes is 'listening to my 11,000 tracks - what happens as i rip additional cds moving forward, hopefully it does it automatically, or i need to hit some kind of 'update' and hopefully it doesn't have to read the 11,000 again correct, it's a shorter wait.

thank you - so far i'm very satisfied with cd ripper and batch ripper
    Last edited by alex1977; 03-23-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Administrator

Re: If Batchripper could not find some of my album art, what can perfect tunes do?

Batch Ripper and PerfectTUNES use different art providers. You can use the trial of PerfectTUNES and it will show which art it would write (without actually writing).

Re: If Batchripper could not find some of my album art, what can perfect tunes do?

Thanks - can you comment on second part of my question: Also i see perfect tunes is 'listening to my 11,000 tracks - what happens as i rip additional cds moving forward, hopefully it does it automatically, or i need to hit some kind of 'update' and hopefully it doesn't have to read the 11,000 again correct, it's a shorter wait.

Another question - so i had an external HD connected to my laptop and i had Perfect tunes listen to my 11,000 CDs - today i bought a NAS and moved the music from that external HD to the NAS, then in DBpoweramp i changed the path for my music to the NAS device - but now when i open perfect tunes - it wants to listen to the music on the NAS, but because it's wireless connection now - the 11,000 songs will take two days instead of 90 minutes - so what can i do, is there a way around it? It's the same library just in a different location. Also this kinda goes to my first question, it seems that perfect tunes doesn't know these songs it has already listened to.

Administrator

It would only listen to the changed or new tracks.

If you move location it has to listen again.

Today i opened perfect tunes and it says i have 0 albums - yesterday it showed all my albums, how many were fixed etc... today zero - i checked the path, looks the same i didn't change it, i clicked on it to be sure it was selected still nothing. Yesterday i was working with it in my new location just fine. So nothings changed.

Administrator

USe Windows explorer to browse to the new location, if is has disappeared from windows then perfecttunes cannot access (or requires a password).

Another question - so i had music on external HD - and i used perfect tunes for album art and fixed almost all of them. THEN i moved the music from that HD to my new NAS - Perfect tunes had to listen to my 11,000 songs again, which i understand is what it has to do. BUT important, what i don't understand, it found the same 184 albums without art work this time and had to fix them. WHY? because i thought i had already fixed them, and when i do that isn't the artwork now in 'my music folders' it should have been there already no? Basically the fixes I did with perfect tunes did not 'stick' - why not, it has to, otherwise it's not doing what it needs to do for me.- thank you! Also just now fixing the albums is stuck it fixed like 20 of the 184 now it's not doing anything - any thoughts?
    Last edited by alex1977; 03-28-2017 at 11:03 PM.

FYI - i tried restarting the computer - perfect tunes is still getting stuck in the middle of getting my 181 album arts - freezes program...

Administrator

It is likely the program is not able to write to the files, read access only.

Ok seems to be working now - but what about the first part of my question - perfect tunes already fixed 80% of my missing albums, why after i transfered my folders over to the NAS that it again didn't fiind the album covers for the ones i had already fixed - this is very concerning, because it seems the fixes are not 'sticking' if you see what i mean.

Administrator

Check the art in the files before transferring, select one file >> right click >> edit ID tags, it will show the art in the file.