title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBPoweramp Batch Converter + Nimbie 21 plus, occasional misreads

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilkaplan
    • Mar 2017

DBPoweramp Batch Converter + Nimbie 21 plus, occasional misreads

Using batch converter two strange things are occurring.
    1. Every CD that gets ripped also shows up as rejected in the right hand column even though it ripped fine.
    2. Occasionally program will successfully rip a few cds, then suddenly claim that all following cds are "Not Audio CD".
    I am ripping to ALAC format.
    I'm using V R16 Win 7 machine.
    Accuracy set up ran and shows +48
    Are there settings I need to modify?
    I am testing system out in trial mode before purchase. Is there some limitation imposed?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DBPoweramp Batch Converter + Nimbie 21 plus, occasional misreads

RE 2 what do you have to do to get it running again?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ilkaplan
      • Mar 2017

Hi,
      Regarding question *2, that may be a bug. It seems that the batch program keeps trying to read disks from the Nimbie, even though the stack is empty.
      I had been fiddling with various settings, and today I deleted, then reloaded, the batch ripping program AND the Nimbie version of the autoload driver.
      Also I followed the setting recommendation.
      But see above. I now get a full successful rip, confirmed by AccurateRip, but then rejected with msg. "Reject *-Ripping Error"

Thanks.

Comment

• ilkaplan
        • Mar 2017

Additional info.
        I just noticed the error log, and it says "error renaming "blah\blah\temp\track to X:blah\blah\track" X: is a mapped network drive share folder on my Diskstation.
        Is that a problem?
        Thanks

Comment

• ilkaplan
          • Mar 2017

Hi Again,

Here is a dump of the error log, the gist of which is that it claims the file I am trying to transfer from temp to target is "locked by another program"CD Batch ripper error dump.txt

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Have you tried to rip directly to the destination folder with the final filenames?

Maybe I'm wrong, but the message that dBpa tries to move the file from disc c: to disc d: by just renaming looks suspicious to me.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

I would recommend ripping to C drive (your music folder), then move yourself to the discstation.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ilkaplan
                • Mar 2017

Solved-
                My system already has Mymovies 5 and anyDVD running as startups. They needed to be disabled so there was no interference with the Nimbie.
                With that done, batch ripper works without a hitch, except still never seems to stop trying to load CDs after the stack is finished.

It was not apparent anywhere in your forums that this might be a problem, except an oblique reference to MyMovies 3 and DVD drives.
                Maybe warn people to make sure no other autoloading software is running in the background. This took me 2 days to figure out. A batch ripper user guide
                sure would be nice.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

From this page under the nimbie driver download:

Recommended Settings: Main Page 'End After': Manual Stop. Configuration: Offer Spindle Change After 2 failed Load Attempts
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>