title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need help

Need help

Here is the background. Thought it may be useful in figuring out the problem.

Upgraded to Rel 16. Ripped a cd and worked fine except for 2 tracks. Reran those 2 tracks at a slower speed. They ripped fine. I've never had to do that before.

Got another cd that had 2 discs. First disk ripped fine. Second disk ripped securely but with AR errors. Ran it again and again. Same bad results. So, I returned the cd and got a new one. The new one had the same results. Never had this kind of result ever......been using DBPoweramp for many years......but just started using R16.

Administrator

Re: Need help

On Windows or the Mac?

Try disabling C2 pointers if you have them enabled.

Windows. Disabling C2 pointers did not help. Same result.

Administrator

Perhaps your drive has become unreliable? which previous version of dBpoweramp did you have?

I don't think it is the drive. I've ripped other cd's and had no problems. My previous version of dBpoweramp was the version just before this one. Not sure what number it was.

Administrator

Uninstall R16, then install from here:

https://dbpoweramp.com/install/dMC-R15.3-Ref-Trial.exe

Test ripping to wave without changing settings. See if that works.

ok i'll try it.

let me give you some additional info. i tried ripping this disc on another computer that has an earlier version of dbpoweramp......maybe just one release earlier.
    the result was that each track was a secure rip, with a grayed out X AR........so not found in AR.

On the computer using release 16, it is a secure rip but has red X AR(2). Recall that this is a two disc cd. The first disc works fine and says AR(1)....which seems strange since the second disc says AR(2). I have also added an second optical drive, brand new, on this computer. Same results, a good thing.

uninstalled Rel 16. installed Rel 15.3 as you suggested. Results the same, red X AR(2) secure. No difference if ripping to wave or flac.

one other piece of info that may or may not be useful. Disc 1 has a different title than Disc 2. Not sure why this is. Never seen that before.

Administrator

Then it is not related to R16.

Yep. Not related to R16. Also not related to optical drive. Could be the cd, but i have had 2 different copies of the cd and both had the same results.....but it still could be the cd, maybe. My guess is that the problem is with AR. On one computer AR says the first cd is in their database, recall that this is a two cd set, and the second cd is not in their database. The results on this computer are correct. On the second cd it has a gray X AR. Now on another computer it also says the first cd of the set is in AR and the second cd is not, but the results for the second cd is a red X AR(2)......which indicates that it thinks it is in AR, but before the rip it indicates its not in AR.