title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16.1 for mac OS beta: discussion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp R16.1 for mac OS beta: discussion

Peter, thank you for the update. I tested the automatic creation of the new subdirectories this weekend.
    Today I altered the subdirectory 'cd1' in 'cd2' which resulted in the below errors.

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1'
    Cannot resolve output folder: Muziek - wav/Classical/Beethoven, Ludwig van/Sonatas & Variations for Cello & Piano/cd2 on My Book Duo
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3'
    Cannot resolve output folder: Muziek - wav/Classical/Beethoven, Ludwig van/Sonatas & Variations for Cello & Piano/cd2 on My Book Duo
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8'
    Cannot resolve output folder: Muziek - wav/Classical/Beethoven, Ludwig van/Sonatas & Variations for Cello & Piano/cd2 on My Book Duodoes not seem to work properly yet

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report, apparent incompatibility with Multi Encoder noted.

A new beta will be out soon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dBpoweramp R16.6b6
    In addition to my previous comment about seprating two composers in Music Converter (to ALAC) ("Jagger/Richards" being altered into "Jagger; Richards").
    This now also happens when encoding to ALAC in CD Ripper.
    When two or more artists are added and separated by a slash forward, the slash forward is replaced by a semi-colon, f.i.
    "Peter Dijkstra/Concerto Köln/Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks/Regensburger Domspatzen" is altered into "Peter Dijkstra; Concerto Köln; Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks; Regensburger Domspatzen".

I then can only resolve this by manually checking every track and altering the ";" into " /". Since I have to correct +1000 tracks, does anybody perhaps know of a script that does this automatically? Or any other convenient way?
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 05-04-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Super Moderator

Beta 8 posted, very bad bug causing lockups during conversions has been fixed.

Other issues will be looked into shortly, we're cleaning things up for R16.1 final.

Super Moderator

Regarding slash vs semicolon separators-
    Semicolon is shown when dBpoweramp perceives the field as multiple separate values.

There is an option for this - Configure => Codecs => m4a / mp4 ID Tagging : Multi Tagging
    Perhaps you have it set to As a single tag '/' separated ? It will result in files manually tagged with slash for delimiter to be read back as multiple values and rendered back as semicolon separated - even though you have slashes in actual files.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Regarding slash vs semicolon separators-
    Semicolon is shown when dBpoweramp perceives the field as multiple separate values.

There is an option for this - Configure => Codecs => m4a / mp4 ID Tagging : Multi Tagging
    Perhaps you have it set to As a single tag '/' separated ? It will result in files manually tagged with slash for delimiter to be read back as multiple values and rendered back as semicolon separated - even though you have slashes in actual files.
    Thanks I will try this.

This morning I tried beta 8. The CD ripper does not create directories automatically. See below error report

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2'
    Cannot resolve output folder: Muziek en Video/House/Various/Fabric 93 (Soul Clap) on My Book Duo
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3'
    Cannot resolve output folder: Muziek en Video/House/Various/Fabric 93 (Soul Clap) on My Book Duo
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 14'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 15'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 16'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 17'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 18'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 19'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 20'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 21'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 22'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 24'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 25'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 26'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 27'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 28'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 29'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 31'
    Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 34'

Super Moderator

OK, more Multi Encoder issues have been fixed, thanks for your patience and for reporting all these bugs.

Version R16.1 final (non beta) will be posted shortly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    OK, more Multi Encoder issues have been fixed, thanks for your patience and for reporting all these bugs.

Version R16.1 final (non beta) will be posted shortly.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

One other thing I noticed before, but ran into again today.
    If I filled in the Movement tags of Classical tracks, and then make one alteration in any of the data of these tracks, then all the Names of all Movements of these tracks change into <Various Movement names>
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 05-16-2017 at 06:04 AM.

I went through the retrieval process and only offers R16.0 to download (which I already have). How do I get the R16.1 version (I have a R16 license key).

Administrator

Now fixed.

Thx, Problem solved

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Unfortunately R16.1 does not install on my iMac. It remains 'hanging' in the screen "To install dBpoweramp drag to the application shortcuts", while there is nothing to drag to.

Administrator

You can upload a screen shot to somewhere like?:

http://tinypic.com/

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can upload a screen shot to somewhere like?:

http://tinypic.com/
    Sorry, it was my mistake. After a full (cold) restart the installation went smoothly

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

This is where the screen where the installation was 'hanging'

Eventually, after a complete (cold) reboot I (accidentally) found out that it did install the third try.