title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16.1 for mac OS beta: discussion

Super Moderator

dBpoweramp R16.1 for mac OS beta: discussion

Discuss the new beta here.

Downloads & release info:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...or-mac-OS-beta

Re: dBpoweramp R16.1 for mac OS beta: discussion

Peter, thanks for the updates.

R16b1 does not seem to correct the issue I identified in the production macOS R16 level here: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...sting-Settings (Sorry, didn't see a thread for the first production level of R16, so opened a new thread last week with the bug report after I upgraded and identified the issue.)

Super Moderator

Batch Converter profile cloning didn't make it to beta 1 - now addressed in beta 2.

Hi
    16.1 fixed the bug on manual entering meta data which is great. However I believe I've identified another issue. One of the things I was looking forward to the new version for was the HDCD option but when i ripped an HDCD, there was no feedback to indicate HDCD was de-coded/ripped. I went into my windows version and confirmed the CD had HDCD coding. Is this problem with the OS version recognised and will it be fixed?

dBpoweramp Guru

Its a licence problem. HDCD is in the hands of Microsoft.

Dat Ei

i think i found an error which is still present in beta 5:

when the automatically found cover isn't correct or low-fi or so, in earlier versions i loaded another cover by drag and drop from safari or by hitting load (from file). When i do so in the beta it shows the new cover but writes the originally found cover to the file.

greetings,
    toby

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toby82 View Post
    When i do so in the beta it shows the new cover but writes the originally found cover to the file.
    Additionaly or as the only one?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Additionaly or as the only one?
    Hmm, good question, it was meant as the only one. I only click the litte dots, select load (from file) and select the Cover. Or i dragged an image from Safari into the ripper-window. At least in the last versions i used, this replaced the Cover with the new one and didn't make an additional one out of it. In the folder there is only one .jpg fole exported from dBpoweramp.
    Hope this helps.

/Toby

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Toby,

AFAIR there has been a change with R16. If you want to replace the actual album art/front cover, you have to delete it first, before you can use "drag and drop" or "load" to set the only front cover. Otherwise the new album art will be an additional one.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Dear Peter,
    R16.5 The Edit Dynamic Naming appears to work fine now, like in W10. However, dBpoweramp does not create the to be created directory.
    Regards, Thijs
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 04-12-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Toby82 View Post
    i think i found an error which is still present in beta 5:

when the automatically found cover isn't correct or low-fi or so, in earlier versions i loaded another cover by drag and drop from safari or by hitting load (from file). When i do so in the beta it shows the new cover but writes the originally found cover to the file.

greetings,
    toby
    Drag and drop adds another picture to the list rather than replacing the existing one. Please remove the existing picture first. Note that the text below the picture will say "2 of 2" and so on if there is more than one picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Thijs_Alphen View Post
    Dear Peter,
    R16.5 The Edit Dynamic Naming appears to work fine now, like in W10. However, dBpoweramp does not create the to be created directory.
    Regards, Thijs
    Please clarify where (Batch Converter? Ripper?) and how exactly you're running into this.
    Are you manually entering not-yet-existing folder name in CD Ripper target path? If so, I'll allow such.
    Last edited by PeterP; 04-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Please clarify where (Batch Converter? Ripper?) and how exactly you're running into this.
    Are you manually entering not-yet-existing folder name in CD Ripper target path? If so, I'll allow such.[/QUOTE]

In the Ripper when I altered the name of the folder in the previous rip, for use in a new rip

example :
    previous rip:/Volumes/My Book Duo/Muziek en Video/Downtempo/Various/Hôtel Costes 09
    for the next rip I wish the alter the location by merely changing '09' manually in '10', to: /Volumes/My Book Duo/Muziek en Video/Downtempo/Various/Hôtel Costes 10

sometimes two directories need to be created
    example:
    previous rip: /Volumes/My Book Duo/Muziek - wav/Downtempo/Various/Hôtel Costes 09/cd
    for the next rip I wish the alter the location by merely changing '09' manually in '10', to: /Volumes/My Book Duo/Muziek - wav/Downtempo/Various/Hôtel Costes 10/cd

Super Moderator

OK, starting with the next update, manually altering ripping destination will automatically create new folders instead of complaining about invalid destination.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you very much!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dBpoweramp R16.6b6
    I ran into two issues with Music Converter
    1. When two composers are added in the tags, f.i. "Jagger/Richards" it is altered into "Jagger;Richards". In iTunes than just one composer is shown, namely "Jagger"
    2. In the Windows version you can convert to multiple codecs simultaneously. It would save time if this would be possible in the Mac Version to.

One suggestion. When you tag files in one directory it would be easy if you could easily go to the next or previous file, instead of closing the first, opening the next, like in iTunes.

Regards, Thijs
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 04-15-2017 at 03:44 AM.