title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: After removing ";" from folder/file names and re-running conversion it still show up

After removing ";" from folder/file names and re-running conversion it still show up

I ran the batch converter today to convert some new music from FLAC to mp3. After running it I noticed that the destination (and source files) had ; in them (Armageddon; The Movie...flac). I deleted the newly created mp3 files, replacing the ; with a space (Armageddon The Movie...flac) and re-ran the conversion. It is still producing files with the ; in it. Another issue, that I think is related is I had some music that based on the meta data ended up in two directories (The Offspring and Offspring, The). I fixed those in the FLAC directories, but when I re-run the conversion, it still produces the Offspring, The folder even though I have validated I deleted it in the source folder. I feel like those files are being cached somewhere. I did try a full reboot of my computer and even deleted todays temp files from my system temp file folder.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Re: After removing ";" from folder/file names and re-running conversion it still show

It is probably taking from the ID Tags. However ';' is a valid character on all file systems and does not need to be replaced.