title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Where are PREFS saved for Mac version?

Where are PREFS saved for Mac version?

I just installed on a new Mac and want to get all of the presets I've created in a different controlroom. Have looked in the obvious places and don't see anything.

Thanks

Super Moderator

Re: Where are PREFS saved for Mac version?

~/Library/dBpoweramp

To transfer individual part of the configuration, you may want to look into XRegistry file in particular.

Edit: Yes, copying this whole folder to another machine should transfer all your dBpoweramp settings. If something doesn't work well after doing so, please give us a shout. You can also use "create configuration snapshot" button in dBpoweramp configuration dialog to make a .tar.gz of dBpoweramp data that can be extracted on another machine to ~/Library folder.
    Last edited by PeterP; 03-13-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Added note about transferring whole config betweern machines

Hi,

I recently needed to transfer settings from one old to a new (windows) computer and got a bit in trouble finding all and "converting" them in changing contained paths.

Would there be a chance for a kind of migration help or an export/import functionality for the settings, to get a platform independent solution?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Super Moderator

Feature request for copying configuration between dBpoweramp installations noted.

However transferring settings gracefully between Windows and Mac might be problematic because of just how different the operating systems are - for starters, file path semantics are completely different. I hope transferring settings between Windows and Mac is not what you're after.

Hi Peter,

You are right, the export and import of settings between Mac and Windows computers is not my primary aim!

But, why not!

To be able to export and to import settings means to have a kind of translator applied on translatable settings and to have platform specific sections in the exported settings.
    The importer must be able to read the "meta" structures of the settings, know how to apply or to deny to import the settings.

I'd be satisfied having such an export/import feature for the settings within a platform!

Best regards,

Martin