title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adjusting fonts displayed in dBpoweram, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artisan002
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2015

Adjusting fonts displayed in dBpoweram, etc.

So, I just got through tweaking Windows 7's fonts to control for aliasing (it's partially this LFD monitor, evidently). But, after adjusting all the font settings in the Personalize section, I notice that dBpoweram's fonts have not changed. I can work with it; but, it's a little hard to view, especially with my left eye not always being a team player. And even with 1080p, there's a lot of real estate that isn't getting utilized at the app's current font size.
    So, is there a system setting elsewhere that I've forgotten/missed ('cause I got everything in Personalization's advanced appearance settings)? Or is there a way to trick or force dBpoweramp to play along with system settings?

I found an old thread that failed to answer much, discussing skins and citing Australian URLs that no longer work. External searches on the matter have never yielded anything, either.

So, I'm forced to start the conversation anew.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adjusting fonts displayed in dBpoweram, etc.

dBpoweramp will use the system font which is Tahoma, it obeys the size settings. Anti aliasing settings are not done by any program rather Windows its self. You have tried a full reboot of the system.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• artisan002
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2015

Well, the aliasing issue I already know isn't with dBpoweramp; mentioning that was strictly a setup to explain why I'm even bothering. But, I've already changed every font setting typically accessible in Windows 7 (64 bit, if that matters) from Segoe UI (it's default setting for all fonts in Aero) to Verdana and Arial. I've rebooted more than once. And dBpoweramp's font display continues to stay as it always has been. That might be Tahoma I'm looking at. But, it's also a bit small -- maybe size 9?
      Last edited by artisan002; 03-07-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to change the DPI to a higher setting, 125% or 150%
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• artisan002
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2015

Crap. I've already done that and had to put it back, as it was ruining font rendering elsewhere.

Comment

Working...

]]>