title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Style Tag in dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Grouping Tag in iTunes and JRMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwheelerk
    • Feb 2013

Style Tag in dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Grouping Tag in iTunes and JRMC

Some time ago I noticed what might have been a "glitch" in dBpoweramp that worked to my advantage. Pre-rip I am of the habit of eliminating Tag fields I have no interest in in dBpoweramp. One time I forgot to eliminate the Style tag and I discovered that it filled the Group tag in iTunes and JRiver. That turned out to work for me as I use the Group tag to identify different aspects of the "version" of CDs that I am ripping. It worked great for a quite a while. It may have be after the Mac OS upgrade to Sierra that this connection between the Style tag and the Grouping tag was lost or broken.

Anyways the loss of that connection now causes me a little extra effort to tag those aspects and I was hoping you might be able to introduce a Grouping tag field that would match those of iTunes and JRiver or is there a workaround for me to create a Grouping tag that would map to the other software?

Thanks

While trying some testing this morning about this issue I believe it to be an iTunes issue. in the Style tag field I entered "Style Test" and after Adding to Library of iTunes the field of Grouping was blank but when I Auto Imported to JRiver the Grouping field showed the same "Style Test" as in dBpoweramp. So the Style field does map to Grouping in JRiver but no longer in iTunes.
    Last edited by mwheelerk; 03-05-2017, 03:53 PM.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Style Tag in dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Grouping Tag in iTunes and JRMC

Originally posted by mwheelerk
    It may have be after the Mac OS upgrade to Sierra that this connection between the Style tag and the Grouping tag was lost or broken.
    No, there was change in iTunes v.12.5.4.42 re. the Grouping tag, so anything you put in the Style tag, does now not appear in iTunes Grouping.

Comment

• mwheelerk
      • Feb 2013

Re: Style Tag in dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Grouping Tag in iTunes and JRMC

Originally posted by mville
      No, there was change in iTunes v.12.5.4.42 re. the Grouping tag, so anything you put in the Style tag, does now not appear in iTunes Grouping.
      Okay, thank you at least I know now and will just have to live with the extra step. I'm too far along in using this tag to change my entire library now.

Comment

Working...

]]>