title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

best way to re-rip to upgrade files - duplicate in music folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex1977
    • Feb 2017

best way to re-rip to upgrade files - duplicate in music folder

Most of my music files i ripped in Apple Lossless - which is what i want. New Laptop, default in itunes set to non-applelosses formats over past year or two - i didn't notice. Now have 150 cd's that i am ready to re-rip with my nimbie ripping station (which is fast). Problem i'm seeing is - since these cd's are already in my external hard drive music folder - when i rip them in apple lossless - then that album folder has two versions the lower grade file, and now my new apple lossless rip. So i need to figure out most efficient way of addressing this - i'm using DBPoweramp batch ripper. I wish there was a way to tell it to replace. My alternative is to go in and delete the 150 cd's that i'm about to rip, then re-rip them.

Is this the best way to do this, or is there another method that's faster?

If i delete the 150 cd's first do i do it from itunes or from the music folder - i tried from the folder and then itunes can't find it, don't want to have to tell it to 'find' each of the 150 cds manually. Alternatively i can delete from itunes - but will that delete them also from the music folder - which i need to do so i don't duplicate when i re-rip. - thank yoU!!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: best way to re-rip to upgrade files - duplicate in music folder

Batch ripper cannot replace the existing files as they will have different filenames to the ones iTunes created.

However install PerfectTUNES there is the deduplication program which finds duplicates (and the quality of the tracks).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>