title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dbpoweramp and Sony XL1B - Windows versions?

dbpoweramp and Sony XL1B - Windows versions?

I seem to be spamming the forum with questions lately, so here's another
    I have access to pretty much any MS OS I want, so given that I'll be wanting to do batch conversions in dbpoweramp using an XL1B, I've done some reading and it seems that Windows 7 is possible, as is 8 and even 10, but XP seems to just be easier, but that is all based on forum posts from 7+ years ago. Anyone know if that's still the case?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dbpoweramp and Sony XL1B - Windows versions?

I'm using dBpa on Windows 10 Home 64-bit with no significant problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I'm using dBpa on Windows 10 Home 64-bit with no significant problems.
    With a carousel or robot? dbPa seems to be happy itself on most versions of Windows, but it's sometimes the odd combinations of hardware like firewire cards and drives that can cause issues.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by enigmo View Post
    With a carousel or robot? dbPa seems to be happy itself on most versions of Windows, but it's sometimes the odd combinations of hardware like firewire cards and drives that can cause issues.
    Your biggest challenge could be finding the correct drivers for the robot. If you don't have a fairly new robot then it is possible that a driver for Win10 or Win7 doesn't exist. I had to use a driver from an Acronova Nimbie and modify the .inf file by hand to get my Discmakers Pico to work on Win7. Note that this is not a limitation or fault with dbpoweramp -- it's a problem with getting old hardware to work with a new operating system.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by enigmo View Post
    I evidently forgot you were asking your question in regard to using dBpa with the XL1B. And it's in the subject! I'll show myself out.