title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Automatic CD detection problem with Pioneer drive

Question Automatic CD detection problem with Pioneer drive

Hi,

I have a rather strange phenomenon with my Pioneer BD-R S09 drive.
    When I start the program new with no CD inserted it shows the "Insert audio CD into:" screen. When I insert a CD, nothing happens. Only after I press the "Retry" button the program starts to check for a CD. The program recognizes the CD, downloads metadata and I edit the data to my liking.
    When changing the CD to a second one the program does not recognize this either and still shows the first one. I now have to press the "Re-Scan" button. The program again recognizes the disc, loads metadata from the Internet and I edit the data. Now, when I have to go back to the first disc the program still does not recognize the disc change and I have to use the "Re-Scan" button again. And here is where it gets annoying: instead of using the meta data from DBPowerAmp cache, the program actually reloads the metadata from the internet. And I have to redo all the metadata again...

When using a different drive (LG CH12NS40) all disc changes are detected, all previous meta information are loaded.

1.) Is the way the program behaves with the Pioneer drive normal?
    2.) Is it normal that when pressing the re-scan button all metadata changes are discarded and the metadata gets reloaded? Is there a way to just rescan the disc and use metadata from the DBPowerAmp cache?

Regards,
    Elwood

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Automatic CD detection problem with Pioneer drive

Hi Elwood,

I have a similar problem relating to the first part of your comments, CD Ripper does not recognize that there is a CD loaded and I have to press "retry". I see that nobody replied to your post so I was wondering if you every got any resolution to this issue. Also, after I hit retry the rest of the process works normally. I don't usually go back to a CD I've already edited and ripped so I can't really comment on the rest of the issues you are having with ID Tag information.

Hi,

unfortunately, nothing has changed for me.

Bye,
    Elwood

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am experiencing the same issue of having to select the 'retry' button after loading a CD. It is a random issue, sometimes the CD's load, sometimes they don't. Happens with Pioneer BDR-208D or LG GH24NS90 drives. Once retry is pressed meta data is found, all works as it should. Anybody have any thoughts on the subject?

Administrator

Try restarting CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Restarting CD ripper doesn't seem to solve the issue. As I mentioned it appears to be random, wondering if it is something to do with the DVD/BD drives themselves, etc.