title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper best sound quality, lossless Level 5 vs uncompressed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: CD Ripper best sound quality, lossless Level 5 vs uncompressed

Originally posted by Oggy
    I started on the default 5 and now use 8. A work colleague started on 5 and now uses uncompressed, even though he admits he can hear no difference whatsoever between Uncompressed, level 5 and level 8!

I guess storage is cheap these days...
    He shouldn't hear any difference (given that all these FLAC files are decoded back to the same lossless audio), unless something is very broken with his server/player!

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by garym
      He shouldn't hear any difference (given that all these FLAC files are decoded back to the same lossless audio), unless something is very broken with his server/player!
      Was it Spoon who said he put the Uncompressed setting in for the paranoid?!

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Once we had a secretary who told me, that she doesn't zip compress documents for emails, because they will not look so sharp if you print them later on...

Dat Ei

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          Once we had a secretary who told me, that she doesn't zip compress documents for emails, because they will not look so sharp if you print them later on...

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>