title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Totaltracks in FLAC

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Totaltracks in FLAC

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    hmmm. I'll have to test some more on this, as it didn't work for me with 2 discs in one subfolder. More testing (and I assume you're using option 2 below mville?)

(and in all cases, I have the "use accuraterip result from ID tag" unticked and have cleared perfecttunes cache before checking.)

1. 2 discs in one subfolder, with disc tag (1 or 2), and tracks renumbered as 1 thru 27. AR didn't match the tracks from 2nd disc, but did match 1st disc
    2. 2 discs in one subfolder with disc tag (1 or 2), and tracks numbered as 1 thru 16 for disc 1, and 1 thru 11 for disc 2. AR matched both disks.
    3. 2 discs in one subfolder with disc tag (1 or 2) and tracks numbered as 101...116 for disc 1 and 201...211 for disc 2. AR didn't match either disk.
    4. 2 discs in one subfolder *without* disc tag and tracks numbered as 101...116 for first disc and 201....211 for 2nd disc. AR didn't match either disk.
    To speed things up I tested again on a single 3CD disc/track numbering option 2 album, Cleared Database Cache and unticked the Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag option, 3 Albums Accurately Ripped.

In fact, I tried all 4 combinations of the Album Matching Grouped by Folder and Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag options, Cleared Database Cache each time and I get 3 Albums Accurately Ripped every time.

... PerfectTUNES Release 2.1

... ... sorry evasv, not trying to hijack your thread
    Last edited by mville; 02-28-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added release version and apology

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    To speed things up I tested again on a single 3CD disc/track numbering option 2 album, Cleared Database Cache and unticked the Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag option, 3 Albums Accurately Ripped.

In fact, I tried all 4 combinations of the Album Matching Grouped by Folder and Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag options, Cleared Database Cache each time and I get 3 Albums Accurately Ripped every time.

... PerfectTUNES Release 2.1

... ... sorry evasv, not trying to hijack your thread
    I'm not positive, but if one ticks "use AR results from ID tag" doesn't perfecttunes show an AR match as long as the tag AR value equals the database rather than rechecking? This would explain your good results in trying all 4 combinations.

Hmmm, testing that hypothesis myself I see that I'm wrong. In doing option 4 above (NO disc tags and 101...201, etc.), if I tick the "use AR results from ID tag" I still get NO MATCH in perfecttunes (2.1). Odd that I can't match your results. In testing option 4, you've removed DISC tags correct? EDIT: and I also have "album matching grouped by folder" ticked.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not positive, but if one ticks "use AR results from ID tag" doesn't perfecttunes show an AR match as long as the tag AR value equals the database rather than rechecking? This would explain your good results in trying all 4 combinations.

Hmmm, testing that hypothesis myself I see that I'm wrong. In doing option 4 above (NO disc tags and 101...201, etc.), if I tick the "use AR results from ID tag" I still get NO MATCH in perfecttunes (2.1). Odd that I can't match your results. In testing option 4, you've removed DISC tags correct? EDIT: and I also have "album matching grouped by folder" ticked.
    Sorry, I didn't mean the 4 disc/track numbering schemes (all my tests used option 2).

I was referring to the 4 possible combinations of the Album Matching Grouped by Folder and Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag options:
    1. Album Matching Grouped by Folder AND Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag ticked
    2. Album Matching Grouped by Folder AND Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag unticked
    3. Album Matching Grouped by Folder ticked, Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag unticked
    4. Album Matching Grouped by Folder unticked, Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag ticked

dBpoweramp Guru

Sorry, I didn't mean the 4 disc/track numbering schemes (all my tests used option 2).

I was referring to the 4 possible combinations of the Album Matching Grouped by Folder and Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag options:
    1. Album Matching Grouped by Folder AND Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag ticked
    2. Album Matching Grouped by Folder AND Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag unticked
    3. Album Matching Grouped by Folder ticked, Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag unticked
    4. Album Matching Grouped by Folder unticked, Use AccurateRipResult from ID Tag ticked
    got it. thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

sorry evasv, not trying to hijack your thread
    It's perfectly alright! I'm just glad that the thread inspired your discussion.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

for this sort of bulk editing, I find MP3Tag an excellent tool, as you can create actions for many tasks, that you can re-use later.
    I also strongly encourage the use of mp3tag if one uses any tagging program outside of dbpa.
    Just wanted to say that I thought about this tip and tried mp3tag again this week. It was much more powerful than I remember, and I may have to give up command-line tagging...

But you have to do a lot of configuration and tinkering before it does what you want. But nothing comes for free, does it?