title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

In Windows 10 explorer the "Comments" field doesn't show the "Comment" tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hopalong
    • May 2007

In Windows 10 explorer the "Comments" field doesn't show the "Comment" tag

Probably the "Comments" and "Comment" are different fields. No such problem using XP

The explorer popup and audio attributes are fine.

R 16.1
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: In Windows 10 explorer the "Comments" field doesn't show the "Comment" tag

For which audio type?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopalong
      • May 2007

mp3

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See:

Windows 10 comes with the ability to read ID Tags for a bunch of standard codecs such as: mp3, wave, flac, m4a, opus, ogg The issue can be, that Microsoft do not support the full range of ID Tags that dBpoweramp does, such as Wave ID3 chunk, or the full subset of id3v2.4 tags. Even worse for opus and ogg Microsoft do not read

Not sure if comment will show though.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopalong
          • May 2007

I found .mp3 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp3 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp3

Which is right to rename?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

None of those, the correct path is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopalong
              • May 2007

OK, Administrators have Full Control, I renamed .mp3 to ._mp3 in
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers
              , rebooted, the ._mp3 is there, there is no .mp3, but the Comments column is empty in the explorer.

I do not know whether you can still do something, anyway I thank you for the help, fortunately the batch converter and other programs shows the Comment tag fine.

This was very interesting and informative.

Comment

Working...

]]>