title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDCD DSP not working

HDCD DSP not working

Windows 10 x64 all updates
    DbPowerAmp 15.3

Never seen this before. See attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: HDCD DSP not working

In what way is it not working?

As per second image. No conversion has taken place. Have converted in place (as I usually do) - no go - then converted to a new folder. No go. Never seen this before.

dBpoweramp Guru

I just tested with one of my Grateful Dead HDCD disks. I converted with the HDCD DSP and it did convert the flac files to 24 bit flac files (as expected). I'm running Win 8.1 and dbpa 16.1 (64 bit)

Never had a problem before, many GD HDCD discs as well. Mate with this in the USA had a perfect conversion. Happily, he's sharing his output - still think this is odd as I have never had a DbPowerAmp conversion problem before. And I've been using it for years.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by j.poynton@bluey View Post
    Never had a problem before, many GD HDCD discs as well. Mate with this in the USA had a perfect conversion. Happily, he's sharing his output - still think this is odd as I have never had a DbPowerAmp conversion problem before. And I've been using it for years.
    You are sure the tracks you are converting are HDCD encoded?

See above. That was my first thought, as most all Gdead discs are now HDCD. Checked with a mate in the USA, and his converted fine. Anyway, he's sent me a copy so I'll put this down to one off

dBpoweramp Guru

See above. That was my first thought, as most all Gdead discs are now HDCD. Checked with a mate in the USA, and his converted fine. Anyway, he's sent me a copy so I'll put this down to one off
    See above? What am I looking for?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My copy of that album ripped correctly and the HDCD DSP correctly converted it to 24-bit. So it's not CD Ripper, but maybe the copies sold outside of the USA (and Canada) are not HDCD encoded (even if the packaging says they are).

Mike

OK. Deffo a problem. New release from dead.net, Dave's Picks 21, ripped straight Flac to disc, also not converting to HDCD. Am going to reinstall
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reinstall need no difference. So where do I do I go to get this fixed?

dBpoweramp Guru

Reinstall need no difference. So where do I do I go to get this fixed?
    Something is wrong here. I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, running dBpoweramp Music Converter R15.3 and have over 100 HDCDs.

Running the HDCD DSP on my HDCD tracks creates 24-bit files everytime HDCD tracks are detected. On completion, when I click the Finished button, the following info window is displayed:

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm not having that problem using the 16.2 Beta 3 (64bit) release.

Phew. Am pleased to note that the guy who shares these with me, whom I have just managed to catch up with, realised he did not rip them properly. I found an option in CueTools to check a file for HDCD, and in both cases it was not ON. So mea culpa (sort of!) and not DbPowerAmp, which is my ultimate go to guy for all this work. Sorry for the misdirection, at ease!

dBpoweramp Guru

But I thought you were ripping the actual CDs yourself. Are you saying instead that you are illegally obtaining FLAC copies instead? Note that in most countries, it is illegal to share rips of CDs, even one copy among friends.