title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to convert a trial version to paid without reinstalling

Angry How to convert a trial version to paid without reinstalling

i had a trial version installed on 4 computers and just clicked "register" on one where my only apparent option was to pay (which I wanted to do) and download a new installable (which I didn't). I bought the 5 license version but no where did it say how to simply convert my trial versions to registered versions. does this mean I have to re-download and re-install the app on every computer to get it to realize it's registered? there must be an option to register the trial version under my licenses?

Administrator

Re: How to convert a trial version to paid without reinstalling

Yes install the registered version of the top of the unregistered version.

Similar question, but just to be more specific. I have a trial version and recently purchased the product. I made various settings in the Trial version that I want to keep. Is there a way to apply the registration to an existing trial version and not lose all the settings made in the trial version?

Administrator

Settings are never lost, even if uninstall.

The email from registration, and the documentation, should say this. It may be obvious to those who already know, but new purchasers shouldn't have to guess.
    Last edited by wallewek; 09-30-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Administrator

Either way works fine, the installer when run recommends the older version is unininstalled automatically first.

I have just paid for a licence. I have my registration number. How do I enter the number in the app in order to register the software????

Administrator

You do not, there will be a download link in your email receipt which has a registered version download.