title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Curious window shadow

Curious window shadow

I've just upgraded my dBpoweamp from 15.3 to 16.1 on windows 10.

The Batch Converter window has hard shadow line along the left and bottom edges (see attached).

I assume this a fault as the CD Ripper window just has the standard windows shadow?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Curious window shadow

Do you run any Windows visual changing program? because the right hand side of the Window is transparent, and our program does not do this.

It also happens to me with the batch converter on Windows 10, but it doesn't happen with the CD ripper at all. No visual programs are installed other than what Windows 10 comes with.

Nothing that isn't part of the standard windows 10.

I've found that the problem disappears if i disable 'Show shadows under windows' option in windows System Properties->Advanced->Performance Settings->Visual Effects.

When it's enabled the problem is only visible with Batch Converter, i've never seen the problem with any of the other installed applications - including CD Ripper.

Administrator

Next update will fix.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have the 'Show shadows under windows' option enabled and can confirm the problem in Batch Converter. It looks like a smaller, darker, harder-edged shadow is drawn around the system-created shadow. The shadow has a shadow.
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 01-29-2017 at 10:41 AM.