title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Album art not showing when using USB for car stereo

Album art not showing when using USB for car stereo

Hi,

Any setting recommendations for tagging when ripping a CD? For some reason when I load all of my ripped music onto the usb drive, the Pioneer head unit only displays album art on only a few of the songs. I'm using both wav and flac, tried different resolutions of the picture, and can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Suntanjam

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Album art not showing when using USB for car stereo

Quote Originally Posted by suntanjam View Post
    Any setting recommendations for tagging when ripping a CD? For some reason when I load all of my ripped music onto the usb drive, the Pioneer head unit only displays album art on only a few of the songs. I'm using both wav and flac, tried different resolutions of the picture, and can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Start by looking at the artwork for the audio files that the Pioneer is able to display. Take note of the resolution and file size. Maybe the Pioneer is only able to display art of a certain resolution and/or file size.

mville,

Thanks for responding. Its a strange problem. Here is what I've tried.

Adding music ripped with DB onto a USB flash drive and plugging into Pioneer car stereo shows almost no album art. Maybe 5% of the songs will show art.

If I rip CD in iTunes uncompressed wav, get album art, transfer to iPhone, plug iPhone into Pioneer car stereo via USB, everything is fine, all album art shows.

If I copy wav files that were ripped with DBpower into ITunes, get album art does not function because DB has already embedded the album art. I then transfer these songs to my iPhone and plug into the Pioneer and no album art appears even though DB has embedded the album art.

I looked at the album art resolution from iTunes embedded and its all over the place from low to high resolution. So it's not a resolution issue. I see that there are a few versions of the tagging system Apple uses, but there are no options in DB to see what is being used.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey suntanjam,

Adding music ripped with DB onto a USB flash drive and plugging into Pioneer car stereo shows almost no album art. Maybe 5% of the songs will show art.
    what is the difference between the 5% vs. the 95%?

Try to check for which tracks the album art is shown! Have the embedded album arts? Or is there a separat album art file in the folder? Have those tracks a limited size in pixels?

My Audi sound system only shows embedded album arts up to a size of 800px * 800px.

Dat Ei

Dat,

I looked at both sets of files and nothing sets them apart. Both have high and low rez embedded art. The file folder with the art have the same rez. Completely stumped. What is Apple doing differently than DB?

dBpoweramp Guru

Just to keep things simpel, please embed only a single low res picture as front cover into both files. I have my doubts your car stereo can handle multiple album arts.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    My Audi sound system only shows embedded album arts up to a size of 800px * 800px.
    ... and I have come across devices that cannot display artwork if the file size is over a certain size.

Dat,

I don't see the option in DB to select front cover. Am I missing something? Thanks again for your help!

Nevermind, I found the settings.

Dat,

Tried front cover only with a low rez image 46KB. No luck. Also instead of front cover I tried media and illustration. No luck.

After some more tests, it's a problem with the Pioneer. Its a recent model and it has a hard time showing album art unless it's a low rez audio format. MP3 files show all album art. Apple lossless, wav, or flac, no album art. Bummer...

Still trying to figure this out. I have 4 ZZ Top albums that show album art. 320x320, nothing special. Just about all other album art has the same specs, but doesn't show.

I had the same problem and figured out (and THEN read the manual that verified it ... LOL) that the file size for the album cover needs to be under 100k in file size. The best way to do this is to use Paint.net (remember to donate!) open the file and then immediately save it. When you go to save it it will have a Quality slider ... just move it down until the file size is under 100k and problem solved ... worked like a champ for me

dBpoweramp Guru

You can limit the album art size in dBpa directly / too.

Dat Ei

Hi,

Thanks,

Suntanjam
    What I have experience in is this: WAV files is not capable of displaying album art or tags, whilst FLAC files have that ability. To make it more reliable....I found using MP3 Tag embeds the artwork and tags into the file itself. Then you no longer need to keep the .jpeg picture and works reliably. Also as a rule of thuumb, the artwork is usually maxed out 500 x 500 pixels. Any higher and the units won't see them (most times). Each head unit seems to be different and I'm having a problem with my new 2021 Envision Avenir. My unit will not show artwork at all, so figuring that out as we speak. Hope I helped you to try something different and if there are any more, feel free to reply back.