title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What is that white line running through my album artwork?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jailhouse
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2016

Re: What is that white line running through my album artwork?

As there is no mention that the problem is fixed, here's my two cents:

I also see the white line in the small cover image in the Edit ID-Tag context menu dialog, but not in the larger version when clicking "View," nor in the image in the Properties dialog ID-Tag tab, nor in foobar2000.

dBpa 16.1, fully updated Windows 10 Home and NVIDIA GTX 560 ti.

Comment

• Jailhouse
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2016

A bit of detail for this mysterious line: I found one instance where the line crossed some text in the cover, and the text appeared to me to be vertically elongated. I opened a screenshot in Photoshop, put the upper part directly on the lower part and pasted in the text from the full-size image for comparison. This is the result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Line.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	293294

It's clear to me that the code draws the small image completely, but that it skips a row of pixels when doing so. (The same row each time.)

Edit: The original small image measures 138H x 138W pixels, whereas my modified version is 137H x 138W. I expected the original image's size to be one pixel taller than it is wide. Is the width being cropped by a pixel to maintain the square aspect ratio?

OT: Is there a way to make an inserted image show in the post, rather than the link?
      Last edited by Jailhouse; 02-24-2017, 05:36 PM. Reason: OT question and comment on small image sizes

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is not our code which draws it, but the Windows GDI, it is not possible for us to draw with a section missing as the image is drawn in one go. It will be faulty graphics card drivers.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jailhouse
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
          It is not our code which draws it, but the Windows GDI, it is not possible for us to draw with a section missing as the image is drawn in one go. It will be faulty graphics card drivers.
          Both the OP and I use Nvidia cards, and garym does not see the problem with Windows 8.1 and 10, so that seems most likely.

On my PC, the cover images are reduced to 120 x 120 in the Properties dialog and 138 x 138 in the Edit ID-Tag dialog. (Incidentally, where Beatport provides an additional publisher logo image it also contains the pesky white line in Edit ID-Tag.) Since the smaller Properties images are rendered correctly, I wonder if a minor adjustment to the size of the Edit ID-Tag image might keep the line from appearing. Is that possible (and hopefully easy) to do?
          Last edited by Jailhouse; 02-25-2017, 08:48 PM. Reason: missing word

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jailhouse
            Both the OP and I use Nvidia cards, and garym does not see the problem with Windows 8.1 and 10, so that seems most likely.

On my PC, the cover images are reduced to 120 x 120 in the Properties dialog and 138 x 138 in the Edit ID-Tag dialog. (Incidentally, where Beatport provides an additional publisher logo image it also contains the pesky white line in Edit ID-Tag.) Since the smaller Properties images are rendered correctly, I wonder if a minor adjustment to the size of the Edit ID-Tag image might keep the line from appearing. Is that possible (and hopefully easy) to do?
            mia culpa. I was looking in the wrong place. I can confirm that I see the horizontal white line near the top of embedded art when looking at file with "edit ID tag". (but I don't see the line in windows file properties with the smaller image). So I'm seeing exactly the same thing as Jailhouse and the OP.
            Last edited by garym; 02-25-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Jailhouse
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2016

garym, what are your graphics setups for the two PCs?

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Can only see my home laptop at the moment. It's a dell laptop E6440 that reports "intel HD Graphics 4600"

Comment

• Jailhouse
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by garym
                  Can only see my home laptop at the moment. It's a dell laptop E6440 that reports "intel HD Graphics 4600"
                  Then Nvidia might not be the culprit after all. Perhaps dBpa has uncovered a Windows flaw.

Comment

• Jailhouse
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2016

I happened upon an MP3 file with album art sized at 301 x 300. The Edit ID-Tag dialog renders it at 138 x 137 with the same white gap. Original image size seems not to matter.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

I can confirm the "whiteline problem" for the following constellation:

- Win10 Pro, 64bit
                      - AMD Radeon 7 200 Series, Radeon Softwareversion 16.6
                      - dBpa R16.2

Dat Ei
                      Last edited by Dat Ei; 02-27-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• DBPA ROCKS!
                        • Jan 2013

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and installed DBPA R16.6.
                        (I was using R14.4 on Windows 7 machine previously.)

I too am experiencing this white line thru the artwork thumbnail in the Edit ID-tag pop up box.
                        If I click on View thumbnail, the larger picture that pops up does not have the line thru it.
                        But the line in the thumbnail will NOT go away!

Was the cause of the problem ever identified or fixed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	294198 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	294199
                        Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-16-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Will look into it.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>