title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible to rip a CD and generate a FLAC and a mp3 file simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theleb_Kaarna
    • Jan 2017

Possible to rip a CD and generate a FLAC and a mp3 file simultaneously?

I'm using JRiver as my music player and have an iPod. I'd like to rip my huge CD collection to FLAC for quality listening -AND- to mp3 (lame) to load up my iPod. Can both file codecs be generated simultaneously from a single rip pass? Like I'd create two separate libraries, one for FLAC, one for mp3, filling them both at the same time. -Or- is it best to rip my CDs to FLAC first, THEN (somehow) copy them to mp3 for my iPod on-the-fly? New to this, appreciate any suggestions=)

edit: PC specs: Windows 10 / i7 4930K 6 core @ 4.2 GHz / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD for music library(s) / LG Blu-ray burner
    Last edited by Theleb_Kaarna; 01-15-2017, 01:00 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Possible to rip a CD and generate a FLAC and a mp3 file simultaneously?

Yes, set the encoder to 'Multi Encoder'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wheatpd
      • May 2017

Spoon,

Could you please elaborate on your answer. I want to rip to FLAc and M4a but it is unclear how I tell the Ripper to select these specific encoders. Apoligies if it is obvious to more experienced users but I only download a trail version today. I like the programs but the ability to do the above is a key area to whether to purchase over EAC/MP3Tag. Thanks.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

As Spoon said: set the encoder to 'Multi Encoder' instead of 'Flac'. Within the Multi Encoder you can select and configure more than one encoder.

Dat Ei

Comment

• 007james
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          As Spoon said: set the encoder to 'Multi Encoder' instead of 'Flac'. Within the Multi Encoder you can select and configure more than one encoder.

Dat Ei
          I'm currently trying to accomplish a similar task (rip from cd to .wav and .mp3 simultaneously ) I made the switch to "multi encoder"and added .wav and .mp3 but I'm encountering errors similar to the following:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'B:\New Audio\DBpower\Robert Plant\Carry Fire\01 Robert Plant - The May Queen.IGNORE'
          Wave: Error unable to open File '[origdrive]R\Robert Plant\Carry Fire\01 Robert Plant / The May Queen.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
          mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File '[origdrive]R\Robert Plant\Carry Fire\01 Robert Plant / The May Queen.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I see whats wrong (I think) :Carry Fire\01 Robert Plant "-" The May Queen. VS Carry Fire\01 Robert Plant "/" The May Queen.mp3 but I'm not sure how to fix it. By the way, I am on the trial version, I've tried various settings under output to but I'm missing something .. just seems to be a naming convention issue, all help would be greatly appreciated
          Another note, I able to rip from CD to WAV as a single task without errors

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If using CD Ripper [origdrive] does not exist, as it means the source drive of existing files.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey 007james,

I don't know which trial version of dBpa you are using, but there has been a minor error in 16.2 in combination with the multi encoder (read this thread).

The next point is that you have to assign a destination path for each and every encoder you are using. As Spoon wrote [origdrive] isn't valid for CD Ripper.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>