title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Autoplay problem Windows 8.1, CD ripper R16

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wla2000
    • May 2013

Autoplay problem Windows 8.1, CD ripper R16

I just upgraded from dbPowerAmp R14.4 to R16. With version R14.4, CD Ripper would automatically pop up on the screen when I inserted an audio CD. Now it doesn't, with version R16. What can I do about this?

I have gone to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Autoplay, and looked at the drop down next to Audio CD, and can see a list of numerous actions including Rip Audio CD, but the Rip Audio CD is pointing to a different program (Power2Go). I like the dbPowerAmp interface better than Power2Go, so how do I get dbPowerAmp as my default ripper program again?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Autoplay problem Windows 8.1, CD ripper R16

dBpoweramp should be listed there, if not, uninstall dBpoweramp, full restart of Windows and reinstall.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wla2000
      • May 2013

Re: Autoplay problem Windows 8.1, CD ripper R16

That did it. dBpoweramp is now listed on the Autoplay screen.

Here's what might have interfered: I installed R16 without uninstalling R14.4 first. I had assumed the R16 install would find the existing version and "upgrade" it. But I found pieces of it in Programs and Features and uninstalled them. Then I saw that dBpoweramp was not listed in the Autoplay screen. Uninstalling R16, rebooting, and then reinstalling R16 worked.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>