title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata retrieval fails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueMark
    • Jan 2017

Metadata retrieval fails

Hi there,

I'v got a problem with CD ripper: ripping for example R.E.M.'s Reveal, the only database that seems to work is GD3. Discogs, Music Brainz, nor freedb is returning any results. Several other CD's same result. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Marc
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata retrieval fails

If other CDs are in those other databases, then it just means that disc is not present in the database.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlueMark
      • Jan 2017

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your answer. I thought of that, but it doesn't seem likely that all CD's I used are unavailable in the databases. I tested with a wide variety of CD's/artists, no obscure ones. Every CD I tried only returned results from GD3. Apart from Reveal by REM, also Vitology by Pearl Jam, Not that kind by Anastacia, Trespass by Genesis, In the Passionskirche by Peter Hammill, Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis etc.

All metadata providers are marked 'active' in the settings menu. So, what to do? What could be the the reason?

Thanks.

Marc
      Last edited by BlueMark; 01-08-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Is intelligent meta active? if it is not then retrieval will stop at the first returned.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlueMark
          • Jan 2017

Hi Spoon,

Thanks again for your time.

Yes, PerfectMeta (intelligent lookup) is marked active. None of the CD's is available in AccurateRip - to me it seems highly unlikely that every of the used test-CD's is missing from that database. Maybe CD Ripper isn't able to contact the databases.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marc

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>None of the CD's is available in AccurateRip

This is highly unlikely as it has 2.8M unique discs in accuraterip.

You will possibly have some security software blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the internet correctly.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlueMark
              • Jan 2017

Hi Sppon,

Let me rephrase that: AccurateRip isn't returning results for the test CD's either.

Another observation: in the metadata review page Discogs, Music Brainz and freedb are greyed out.

I did a re-install, after removing all dbpoweramp programs, but to no avail.

Checked the settings of the firewall, but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. I changed nothing over past months in that department. I find it hard to work out what to check or change in the fierewall settings. Illustrate is marked as trusted.

So I'm stuck...

Any other options?

Thanks for your time.

Marc

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

To reset all settings related to dBpoweramp, then reinstall and try to use in the fresh default state.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlueMark
                  • Jan 2017

That did the trick, Spoon. Thanks - everything is looking and working normal again, as far as I can tell.

Thanks again.

Marc

Comment

Working...

]]>