title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    (NOTE: to reverse this change, I'd first create a new custom tag that contains only the song title. This way it will be simple to revert your title tag back to containing only title in the future if you choose to do so.
    Good idea. You could add the following at the beginning of the Rule Based Manipulation example earlier, to backup the Title tag:

IF Title=[anyvalue]
    SET TitleBackup=[Title]

... I am also curious, like garym, as to why you would want disc and track in the title tag.
    Last edited by mville; 01-23-2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I too would like an answer to the mystery

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    My suggestion would allow you to change 100,000+ files tags with only a couple of mouse clicks....let it run overnight and done. And all reversible if you want to make any bulk changes in the future. My mp3tag process would have to be adjusted slightly to address the single disks with disknumber, and that's doable, but I understand that you prefer to do this in dbpa.
    Thank you for taking the time to fully explain, I think I understand now . I understood your suggestion to mean only altering multi disc tags thus requiring a second run. If it's possible to do both with filters simultaneously that could be incredibly useful, but I must admit I prefer the logical, rule based layout of dbpa. I've always got mp3tag installed, but for the love of me I've never, ever enjoyed the interface. I couldn't tell you why because I've never worked it out myself but for some reason it's just never 'clicked' with me, which is unfortunate because it's superbly capable for a free program.

The why is because my music is sorted as flac, with 240 vbr aac for portable use, BUT in the year 2017, Renault is manufacturing cars without a Cd player that does not, or cannot, read disk number or track number tags. Or sort files numerically based on file name. Or display album art from an aac file. The list goes on but the short version is that irrespective of the mode of play or file structure, it only ever plays alphabetically through the title metadata, somewhat spoiling albums. The R-Link 2 system in the new Megan is a freaky propitiatory linux system that will support a 2TB hard drive but only the NTFS file system above 32GB volumes (wth?) as it hibernates rather than shutting and also doesn't construct a file database on removable drives, hence performs better with a journalled file system -even on flash drives. Part of the update over the previous years system was the ability to handle aac bit rates greater than 192kbps (in the year 2015!).

As a driving machine, superb. As a music player, outclassed by a $5 Chinese mp3 player :(

Hopefully mvilles solution will do the trick. Fingers crossed

Thank you guys! That did the trick perfectly

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks for the explanation. I understand. It is truly amazing how auto playback systems are so outdated. Your situation is even more odd than usual (it uses title metadata but not filename!).

Even though both our cars have these sorts of built in player things, even with drive storage, I never bother with the built in players. I have an old 160GB ipod that is plugged in, and the car system recognizes this as an ipod and allows me to control from the car stereo system and even the steering wheel audio controls.

Hi,
    I am running DB poweramp on a Mac and I tried to write replaying gain flags for my music stored on a nas.
    Unfortunately it gets stuck and seems to freeze at the finalizing conversion stage.
    Is this a bug in the Mac version ?

Patience is the key here, just did it again, and it just took a little long, but finished finalizing of conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by pommes View Post
    Hi,
    I am running DB poweramp on a Mac and I tried to write replaying gain flags for my music stored on a nas.
    Unfortunately it gets stuck and seems to freeze at the finalizing conversion stage.
    Is this a bug in the Mac version ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you compare it with a conversion on a local drive?

Dat Ei

Administrator

The end of the conversion is when it writes the ID Tags, this could be quite slow over a network.