title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Hi,

I recently updated dbpoweramp from 15.3 directly to 16.1. Yesterday I tried converting about 30 (flac) albums to mp3 (lame) with replay gain (R5) R128 added. Although the conversion finished, well the cores animation completed at least, it hang 'Finalizing DSP Effects'. Task manager showed ~30% cpu utilisation and was required to kill the process. I ran the conversion before bed, so it was stuck for a good 8 hours.

Testing today I discovered just applying replay-gain alone in small batches of 10 albums (folders) it runs without issues but groups of 18-19 hang. Varying the utility codecs parameters appears to have no effect, nor does disabling my AV. Settings were R128, target of -23 and preserve date.

I've been using batch converter on the laptop since 14.3 and never once had a single problem, and I apply replay-gain to every file I transcode.

Has this been encountered before?

Administrator

Re: Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Where are the files stored? locally or on a NAS?

Local C drive (ssd), it's been in the system just over a year.

Administrator

Whilst it is stuck, select the folder of files and send them to the recycle bin, this will show which file it is stuck on (as this file will not be able to be deleted).

Have now tried that while applying replay gain to 20 albums in flac format. All files deleted successfully.

Of the albums in the batch all had track gain and peak tags written, however only the first 12 albums had album gain and peak tags i.e. the 13th to 20th albums had no album gain tags. Whatever is causing the process to hang/fail occurred after album number 12 :/

Task manager still required to kill the process. Is there any way to create logs I could post?

Administrator

As a test, create an mp3 copy of your library, with a low bitrate. Then try to replaygain those mp3 files, if it sticks you can email those mp3s to us so we can try to reproduce.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've traced the issue to a recent update of BitDefender. It was intermittent while disabled but uninstalling it completely solves the issue.

I have one final question. I'm trying to add disc and track numbers to the title tag using the following rule:

IF Track=[anyvalue]
    SET Title=[Disc].[Track] [Title]

however I only want the disc number to appear on multi disc albums e.g.

Single disc:
    01 track title
    02 track title etc.

Multi disc:
    1.01 track title
    1.02 track title

2.01 track title
    2.02 track title etc

How can I do this?

dBpoweramp Guru

dynamic naming string set to this:

[artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]\[disc].[][track] [title]

I use a more detailed version that deals automatically with whether the album is a compilation, whether album artist value exists and whether a multidisk (but in my case, I have separate subdirectories for each sub disk)
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][]

Thank you, but I was referring but I was referring to rule based manipulation using ID Tag Update. The files themselves are already organised using;

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [[year]] [album] \[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title]
    I just need to add album (preferably only too multi discs) and track numbers to the beginning of the title tag while maintaining the file structure.

dBpoweramp Guru

to clarify, you want the metadata tag field "title" to contain both the disk and track number as well as song title? (as opposed to the file name itself containing this information, which is something quite different).

Edit: if this is true, then I don't know how to do this in dbpa. But easy to do in mp3tag:

install mp3tag. (handles FLAC, ALAC, WAV, etc. as well)
    http://www.mp3tag.de/en/dodownload.html

Load up all your files in the active window.
    Filter on files that have disk number > 1
    Then select all these files.
    Then choose "convert: tag to tag" from menu
    Then enter for field: TITLE
    and for format string: %disc%.%track% %title
    Then hit OK.

This will change the title tag to be what you want.

NOTE: %disc% above may need to be %discnumber%
    Last edited by garym; 01-22-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Almost, I would like the track number and song title in all files, but also the disc number for multi disc albums.

The above will have the same effect as ID Tag Update rule:

IF Track=[anyvalue]

i.e. insert the disc number into the title irrespective of the number of discs in an album.

If my understanding is correct then then it should be possible to apply the same dynamic rules of file naming to manipulating the title field. I simply cannot work out how.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Azuse View Post
    Almost, I would like the track number and song title in all files, but also the disc number for multi disc albums.

The above will have the same effect as ID Tag Update rule:

IF Track=[anyvalue]

i.e. insert the disc number into the title irrespective of the number of discs in an album.

If my understanding is correct then then it should be possible to apply the same dynamic rules of file naming to manipulating the title field. I simply cannot work out how.
    No, my suggested solution would only add disc number to the title if there are multidisks. It won't add disknumber if only one disk.
    edit: my suggestion assumes that you only have a value for disknumber when there are multiple disks; otherwise disknumber is blank.

My apologies, I meant that it would require multiple runs. All my files contain a disk tag too, if only 1/1.

I'm looking at 100+GB of mp3s which I would prefer to do in one go. More importantly I would like to learn how to do this within dbpoweramp if possible (and therefore be able to undo it). There doesn't really appear to be any ideal solution from what I have been able to find.

dBpoweramp Guru

Not sure how this is undoable in dBpoweramp and not MP3Tag?

Anyhow, assuming your Title, Disc and Track tags are populated consistently, you could try this in
    ID Tag Update utility codec >> Manipulation >> Rule Based Manipulation:

IF Title=[anyvalue]
    SET TempTag=multi

IF Disc=1/1
    SET TempTag=single

IF TempTag=single
    SET Title=[Track] [Title]

IF TempTag=multi

IF TempTag=[anyvalue]
    SET TempTag=

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Azuse View Post
    My apologies, I meant that it would require multiple runs. All my files contain a disk tag too, if only 1/1.

I'm looking at 100+GB of mp3s which I would prefer to do in one go. More importantly I would like to learn how to do this within dbpoweramp if possible (and therefore be able to undo it). There doesn't really appear to be any ideal solution from what I have been able to find.
    My suggestion would allow you to change 100,000+ files tags with only a couple of mouse clicks....let it run overnight and done. And all reversible if you want to make any bulk changes in the future. My mp3tag process would have to be adjusted slightly to address the single disks with disknumber, and that's doable, but I understand that you prefer to do this in dbpa. In any case, I see that mville has suggested an approach within dbpa that might achieve your goal. (NOTE: to reverse this change, I'd first create a new custom tag that contains only the song title. This way it will be simple to revert your title tag back to containing only title in the future if you choose to do so.

p.s. out of curiosity, why do you want your title tag to contain track number and disknumber info. That info is already in other tags that virtually all players can use. The typical reason for needing track no in the title is related to using these files in a automobile mp3 player. However, in those cases it is the file names themselves that need this info rather than the metadata (as the car player sometimes arranges things by filename rather than using tags).