title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DMC Audio CD Input WishList - Enable function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard'

Post DMC Audio CD Input WishList - Enable function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard'

When you insert a music CD into drive, and DMC Audio CD Input retrieves the freedb info, I would like to be able to copy a selection of track listings to the clipboard as text to be used in a wordprocessor.

Presently, if I select a number of tracks and right-click, the quick menu shows the function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard' as present but disabled. I think this function works after you have copied the tracks to the hard drive (havn't tested that yet). But I just want to be able to insert the CD into the drive, get a listing from Freedb and copy it before converting or copying tracks.

I know that you can obtain listings manually by logging onto freedb.com, but already twice I have obtained listings less complete than the one generated automatically by DMC Audio CD Input right after the new CD was inserted. Plus, automatically generated listings are less of a hassle than going on-line and typing in the search parameters etc.

Re: DMC Audio CD Input WishList - Enable function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard'

I've never noticed that option before so I'm not sure why it is ghosted out. Have you registered the powerpack as that can add/activate extra features in Audio CD Input.

Did you know that dMC Audio CD input stores the information it retrieves from freedb into the file cdplayer.ini (which can be found in the c:\windows folder) so that it only has to get the information once. Using a text editor like Notepad it should be possible to open cdplayer.ini and copy the information to the clipboard.

There are also a number of utilities available on the internet to manage cdplayer.ini file, just perform a search for "cdplayer.ini".

Wayne

Administrator

Re: DMC Audio CD Input WishList - Enable function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard'

I will note it down as a bug, look out for the next beta.

Thanks for the info, Wayne. I checked out the C:\Windows\cdplayer.ini file and found the track info there. Only problem is it lists only the track titles and track numbers, but not the Artist or track playing time. Will have to find a utility that does this for me.

By the way, this is the first time I've replied to a thread on a Forum, so I am not sure if I am supposed to delete the source thread text below that appears in the 'Reply to Thread' text box.

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    I've never noticed that option before so I'm not sure why it is ghosted out. Have you registered the powerpack as that can add/activate extra features in Audio CD Input.

Did you know that dMC Audio CD input stores the information it retrieves from freedb into the file cdplayer.ini (which can be found in the c:\windows folder) so that it only has to get the information once. Using a text editor like Notepad it should be possible to open cdplayer.ini and copy the information to the clipboard.

There are also a number of utilities available on the internet to manage cdplayer.ini file, just perform a search for "cdplayer.ini".

Wayne

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by wmoonshine
    When you insert a music CD into drive, and DMC Audio CD Input retrieves the freedb info, I would like to be able to copy a selection of track listings to the clipboard as text to be used in a wordprocessor.

Presently, if I select a number of tracks and right-click, the quick menu shows the function 'Copy Track Listing to Clipboard' as present but disabled. I think this function works after you have copied the tracks to the hard drive (havn't tested that yet). But I just want to be able to insert the CD into the drive, get a listing from Freedb and copy it before converting or copying tracks.

I know that you can obtain listings manually by logging onto freedb.com, but already twice I have obtained listings less complete than the one generated automatically by DMC Audio CD Input right after the new CD was inserted. Plus, automatically generated listings are less of a hassle than going on-line and typing in the search parameters etc.