title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Aborts ripping, errors on all tracks and on all CD's

Aborts ripping, errors on all tracks and on all CD's

Ripping failure. As it begins to rip each track shows 'X ERROR' in rapid succession. It does this on any CD.
    I have not changed any settings and previously have been ripping flawlessly. I have tried and uninstalled and re-installed the app. No success.
    Can some one please advise as to what is going on here? Thank you in advance for your assist.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Aborts ripping, errors on all tracks and on all CD's

Try to disable C2 pointers.

Dat Ei

Thank you for your reply.
    Can you direct me to disable the C2 pointers?
    Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Clickclack!

Dat Ei

OK! I think I get the obvious, I am not familiar with this app that I just purchased.
    Where in the app are the C2 pointers to disable? any particular step to get there?
    Thank you.

Super Moderator

Are you using Windows or Mac version of dBpoweramp?

What kind of system are you running on? What Windows or Mac OS version?

PeterP, Thank you for the reply.
    I am running Windows version of dBpoweramp.
    I have been ripping with dBpoweramp on my laptop flawlessly for a couple of weeks, these (ripping errors) issues just appeared without me (knowingly) making any changes. I am at a complete shut down, no matter what CD or track I select to rip.
    My system:
    Intel i7, 16GB Ram
    Windows 10 (version 1607), 64bit
    Hope this gives you a path for a clue to the errors.
    Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you read the thread I've linked?

Dat Ei

Dat Ei, Did not know your reply was a link.
    "Clickclack" was confusing to me, it did not show up as a link. With no other explanation it was not understood. Today I did follow the link as you suggested.

However, I do want to thank you for your assist. I truly appreciate it.

I found the C2 pointers in...secure settings...individual bad frames.....The option was already unchecked.
    Still getting the same errors. Where do I go from here?
    Thank you for your assistance.

Administrator

Which version of dBpoweramp are you using? R16?

I am using R16.1

Administrator

After ripping the error page has a button 'copy to clipboard'

click it and post the error messages here please.

Here is the errors & information copied from clipboard.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\01 Joe Beck - Snow Scene.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\01 Joe Beck - Snow Scene._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\02 Joe Beck - Belle Touche.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\02 Joe Beck - Belle Touche._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\03 Joe Beck - There's Always Time.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\03 Joe Beck - There's Always Time._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\04 Joe Beck - Minor Infractions.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\04 Joe Beck - Minor Infractions._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\05 Joe Beck - Friends.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\05 Joe Beck - Friends._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\06 Joe Beck - NYC.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\06 Joe Beck - NYC._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\07 Joe Beck - Skating in Central Park.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\07 Joe Beck - Skating in Central Park._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\08 Joe Beck - Golf Swing.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'D:\MUSIC COLLECTION\Joe Beck\Joe Beck and Friends\08 Joe Beck - Golf Swing._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Looks like it is fixed.

your request for the error report made me aware of the "destination path". indeed it was pointing in the wrong direction. I had set the path earlier and the app seemed to have locked it for good until changed. It changed somehow, I guess I should check it every session. . Will check those parameters more closely.

Thank you for your help.