title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: OSX iTunes cd ripper separators

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

OSX iTunes cd ripper separators

After using dBpoweramp for Windows together with iTunes for quite some years, I have recently switched to OSX.

I can't seem to figure out which separator to use in the cd ripper for OsX. Under Windows10 when importing files into iTunes the separator ";" was automatically converted to "/". Under OsX however there are some strange effects

when I use ";" iTunes regards it as different value
    when I use "/" iTunes uses only the first value

examples
    -when I fill in three names in the Composer or Genre field and I use the separator that iTunes* uses ("/") it comprises only the first name in iTunes, *literally by copying the value from the iTunes field
    -when I use ";" as a separator, iTunes regards is as a different value (genre Dance/Disco/Post-Disco and different genre Dance;Disco;Post-Disco)

Another strange thing happens when I use ";" as a separator, the column in some tracks only shows one name, while in other tracks where the field also contains more than one name, it shows all names

Which separators should I use to the effect that the values inserted in dBpa are one on one copied to iTunes?

Regards, Thijs
    Last edited by Thijs_Alphen; 01-03-2017 at 06:22 AM.