title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: What Does This Mean

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What Does This Mean

What does this mean? If mine is secure then why doesn't it say accurate? Does it mean mine was accurate but someone else's was not? If so, why doesn't mine read accurate?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: What Does This Mean

No errors occured during the ripping, but the checksums of your ripped files do not match with the ones in the accurate rip database. Maybe you have a different pressing of the CD.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Wouldn't inaccurate be a misleading term then? That what it says in my file properties. Why couldn't mine be secure and a different pressing be secure also? Inaccurate seems to always imply there are errors. I guess that my perception of it anyway.

Administrator

It shows it does not match AccurateRip, it is for you to draw conclusions.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mrcd View Post
    Why couldn't mine be secure and a different pressing be secure also?
    There is no reason they can't both be secure, as that term merely means that there are no errors during a rip. Pressings may differ due to remastering, which would certainly affect the checksums, or because they are produced for different regions, or for other reasons.

Your rip produced no errors. The checksums don't match those from a single entry in AccurateRip. If the resulting files sound okay, I wouldn't worry about it.