title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 5.1 OSX 10.11.6 No Playback Bug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolhand
    • Apr 2015

Asset 5.1 OSX 10.11.6 No Playback Bug

I recently installed 5.1 and all appeared to be just as per usual which is to say, exceptionally functional up until this point.

However today I rebooted my MacMini for the first time since the Asset 5.1 installion and found that my control point was indicating all empty directories.. so I checked Asset to find that it had not initiated an automatic scan on reboot even though it is configured to run at boot up.

Thus a manual scan was started and finally after loading my 103376 tracks I expected it be good to go, but this time although my control point now saw all titles as usual, all refused to actually play anything !

Several more reboots of the mac, the control & endpoints still no signs of playback life, arghh.

Finally I simply quit 5.1 and ran 5.0.1 beta 8 upon which immediately all music played back as per usual... thank gawd ;-)

The above suggests to me that there are several aspects of 5.1 which are not 100% as bug free as beta 8, which I shall stick with until further notice.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Asset 5.1 OSX 10.11.6 No Playback Bug

Thanks for the bug report.

Unfortunately we're unable to repro the issue. There are very few changes in the source code between beta 8, beta 9 and final, none of which can be blamed for this.

What format are your music files in?

If you cycle between R5.1 and the beta ( can start them from the DMG without installing ), does the bug appear & go away?

How are your music files stored? Internal hard drive / external / network share?
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-31-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Coolhand
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
      Thanks for the bug report.

Unfortunately we're unable to repro the issue. There are very few changes in the source code between beta 8, beta 9 and final, none of which can be blamed for this.

What format are your music files in?

90% AIFF 10% mp3 or AAC

If you cycle between R5.1 and the beta ( can start them from the DMG without installing ), does the bug appear & go away?

I have both versions installed and can swap between them, I just ran 5.1 after quitting Beta 8 and exactly the same thing occurred, all files are visible but selecting an album presents a message telling me the file does not exist. Quitting 5.1 and restarting the Beta everything appears identical except that selecting an album simply plays as usual !?!

How are your music files stored? Internal hard drive / external / network share?
      Files are stored on a locally attached USB drive into a MacMini 10.11.6... nothing else has changed on my system for about a year as it is exclusively used as a music server and I've stuck with 10.11.6 at this point because it ain't broke.......
      Last edited by Coolhand; 02-09-2017, 11:05 AM. Reason: wtf is going on with the quoting :-P

Comment

• Coolhand
        • Apr 2015

I've still been unable to utilise 5.1 as it continues to display the message that all my visible directories are empty, any other suggestions as to why 5.0.1 Beta 8 works flawlessly but 5.1 doesn't function at all ?
        Can I send you a debug log to assess ??

Comment

• Coolhand
          • Apr 2015

Anybody home, I did purchase this application your honour ??

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

We're sorry to hear about your troubles and apologize for slow reply. I'll do my best to get this bug sorted out.

In order to produce debugging information about the issue, please follow these steps:
            Go to Asset Configuration, General Settings, activate "output debug log", apply & close. In Asset's main popup, click "refresh all" and wait for it to finish whatever it is doing and return to showing library stats. After that, open settings again, General Settings, choose "Save Configuration Snapshot"; once you create a snapshot file, email it to peter@dbpoweramp.com . Note that there's no need to email debug log files separately - configuration dump will already include saved logs.

Comment

• Coolhand
              • Apr 2015

We're sorry to hear about your troubles and apologize for slow reply. I'll do my best to get this bug sorted out.

In order to produce debugging information about the issue, please follow these steps:
              Go to Asset Configuration, General Settings, activate "output debug log", apply & close. In Asset's main popup, click "refresh all" and wait for it to finish whatever it is doing and return to showing library stats. After that, open settings again, General Settings, choose "Save Configuration Snapshot"; once you create a snapshot file, email it to peter@dbpoweramp.com . Note that there's no need to email debug log files separately - configuration dump will already include saved logs.
              Hi Peter I just sent the dump, hopefully your email provider has no issue with very large mail attachments as the tgz file is 1.38 GB.

Comment

• Coolhand
                • Apr 2015

Thanks peter,
                I've sent the file, hopefully your mail provider has no issue receiving very large attachments as the .tgz file is 1.38 GB.

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Thanks. I'm afraid I've just found what my mailbox's file size limit is - unfortunately it is at 500MB and the email did not show up.

I've just sent you FTP login details so you can send the file to me directly with no size limits, check your private messages.

Comment

• Coolhand
                    • Apr 2015

Thanks. I'm afraid I've just found what my mailbox's file size limit is - unfortunately it is at 500MB and the email did not show up.

I've just sent you FTP login details so you can send the file to me directly with no size limits, check your private messages.
                    Hi Peter,
                    I tried to log in via the supplied details but after an inordinate amount of time it finally opens a blank pane to which I can neither drag and drop or paste the requested .tgz file ?
                    I have also PM'd you this message....

Comment

Working...

]]>