title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Amtren/Disk Makers Elite Micro problem

Amtren/Disk Makers Elite Micro problem

Having an issue with my Disk Makers Elite Micro where it will push up against the output spindle instead of returning to its original position. I think its a software problem but haven't been able to figure out how to fix it using the FlexWare utility. I've documented the problem in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_f47XgU_A

Because this is an obscure device –*there's no one left at Disk Makers who even knows how to work it –*anyone who can fix it gets $20 by PayPal.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Amtren/Disk Makers Elite Micro problem

I am totally unfamiliar with your exact device but this could be caused by a hardware problem. There should be some sort of position limit sensor that detects if the arm is all the way up. If this is stuck in the active position then the software will think the arm is all the way up which can cause the disc insert error (software thinks it can't possibly have the disc in place if the arm is up) and also cause the arm to hit (since it thinks the arm is up it must certainly be safe to swing back to the home position).

The sensor is probably some sort of small switch located at the top limit of the arm travel and is probably stuck in the closed position.

If that were the issue then why would it be able to raise correctly from the input stack?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by spinoza View Post
    If that were the issue then why would it be able to raise correctly from the input stack?
    If the software isn't looking at that sensor during the movement portion of the operation and instead relying on a timer and once that timer expires then looks at the sensor response it could explain it. Quite often the software for these things don't pay attention to conflicting inputs. This is quite different from the automated cranes and machines I work with -- everything is usually checked and the slightest problem places the machine into error mode.

Is there any way to override that behavior in software?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by spinoza View Post
    Is there any way to override that behavior in software?
    You might review this posting. It may give some insight as to if that is possible or not. You might have some success because it appears your hardware connects by serial.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...LI-Usage-Guide