title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dsd codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hal2055
    • Aug 2015

Dsd codec

I want to download the dsd codec but norton says it's unsafe. Really?
  • Hal2055
    • Aug 2015

Re: Dsd codec

Update. Just downloaded the dsd codec but I can't find out how to implement and actually use it. Help!!

Comment

• thexfile
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2010

The DSD codec is for decoding .dff and .dsf files. It allows you to convert those 24bit files to something like flac files.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Norton reports everything as unsafe it does not think is popular enough.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hal2055
          • Aug 2015

I took Mr. Spoon's advice and did the download. That's all fine but I thought I might be able to rip the dsd files from SACDs but can't find a way. I also want to edit dsd files that I've downloaded using the tag editor but I don't see that as an option. Is it?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hal2055
            I took Mr. Spoon's advice and did the download. That's all fine but I thought I might be able to rip the dsd files from SACDs but can't find a way. I also want to edit dsd files that I've downloaded using the tag editor but I don't see that as an option. Is it?
            You cant rip files from SACD or DVD with dbpoweramp.

Comment

• thexfile
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2010

The DSD file is a downloaded ISO file that gets converted to .dff and .dsf files. dbpoweramp doesn't do that part.

The downloaded ISO is converted with a free app called ISO2DSD (SONORE computer audio). After it makes the .dff and .dsf files then dbpoweramp is used convert those to Flac.

CD ripping of SACD can't be done with a computer drive because Sony owns the SACD format/rights and refuses to allow it.

Comment

• Hal2055
                • Aug 2015

Thanks for that. I've read about some of the hacks available to rip SACDs from old PS3 and Oppo machines but they look convoluted and not worth the trouble. I've now downloaded some dsd music using the mShuttle technology on some BLU rays (Nielsen and Sibelius with Davis and the LSO) but although it looks as if I have the option to edit or add album art to these files, the ID tag editor doesn't actually save the changes. Stumped again.

Comment

• thexfile
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2010

For me, dbpoweramp tag editor works great with .dff and .dsf files. I'm also finding in ISO2DSD 'Sony DSF' tends to transfer tag info better from the ISO.

Comment

• Hal2055
                    • Aug 2015

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll keep trying the editor in some other dsd dff dsd files and see how I get on.

Comment

Working...

]]>