title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch lists 8834 files converting - only 8734 converted - no error messages?

Batch lists 8834 files converting - only 8734 converted - no error messages?

Started my project to convert FLAC files to 320 AAC to use on my iPhone. Total number of files reported by Batch Converter to convert at the start of the process 8834 files (90% originally ripped to FLAC by dBpoweramp and arranged by artist folder and album folder).

The first time I received a message at the end of the process indicating 4 corrupt files. I repeated the conversion several more times. I no longer received an error message (I eliminated the 4 problem files).

Each successive time I keep on seeing 8834 files to convert however the end result is only 8734 converted (when I do a "get info" on the folder in OS X Sierra). What happened to the remaining files?

When I drag the folder into iTunes it reports 8831 files imported?

To summarize - at the start Batch Converter reports 8834 to convert - "get info" on the converted files folder only shows 8734 - import into iTunes shows 8831.

PS. Debug text produced two files (?) which only report something about 1 single file

Administrator

Re: Batch lists 8834 files converting - only 8734 converted - no error messages?

What is your naming string? it could be combining files if they have the same artist track name.

Re: Batch lists 8834 files converting - only 8734 converted - no error messages?

Yes this is possible. There are duplicates of some albums - one may be 16/44 while there might be a duplicate in 24/96. Most likely they could have the same name.

If "it could be combining files" - what does this mean? How can two files be combined into a 320 AAC? Does this mean the combined file will be corrupted and not playable? One file having the same song twice?

Administrator

It means if 2 files will have the same end name, then one of the files will overwrite the other when encoding, no corruption.