title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AMG metadata source still works?

AMG metadata source still works?

Hi,

As I understand it, dBPA (dB Power Amp) no longer retrieves metadata from the AMG (All Media Guide) metadata source. See:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...iscontinuation

However when using the CD Ripper in dBPA 15.3, if one selects "Meta->Retrieve From->All Media Guide" (so metadata is explicitly retrieved from that specific source), then metadata is still retrieved.

So does this mean that AMG still works with dBPA 15.3? Or what is the reason metadata is still retrieved from AMG, and no error message is displayed?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: AMG metadata source still works?

It is likely it is still functioning.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the response. So will it only work with dBPA 15.3, and not 16.x?

Also, wasn't the AMG metadata source supposed to be shut down completely in around July 2016? If so, do you know how come it is still working?

Finally, is it likely to continue working going forward, or is there anything you foresee that will make it stop working soon (even with dBPA 15.3)?

Thanks!

Administrator

It is not present in r16, I do not know why it is still functional, I do know they stopped injesting newcds, and it could go any day.